cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Windows App Feedback feature + UserVoice for all your feedback needs!

LZoltowski
Champion
Hello folks, not many people know but you can submit feedback about an issue to Oculus directly from the desktop app. Submitting feedback this way along with system info allows the devs to work quickly to fix bugs or implement features. This goes directly to the team, who might otherwise miss your feedback on the forum.

You can find it in the Help Centre section (Bottom Left Hand Side)

PLEASE NOTE: Feedback is one way only. If you need assistance from the Oculus Support team please use the official support area: https://support.oculus.com/ where you can find guides and a way to submit a support ticket.

aqkl1zzouy8t.jpg

Do you have a feature request? Maybe you have a great idea for Home 2.0?

Oculus has set up a UserVoice system that lets you submit and vote on ideas from the community.
You can find it here: https://oculus.uservoice.com/

Thanks!
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂
25 REPLIES 25

Netheri
Rising Star
Nice nice, but i think there's plenty of direct feedback to Oculus (and devs) from the latest versions in the every thread which is created when new versions roll out. It can't be so hard to even senior devs to check those through quickly?
i9-9900K@ 5GHz, ASUS Rog Strix 2080 Super OC , 32gb 3466MHz DDR4, ROG Strix Z390 E Gaming, 1 x Inateck 4 port USB 3.0 card, 2x3.1, USB, 6x3.0 USB on mobo, 1x USB-C on G-card, Reverb G2

YoLolo69
Trustee
Direct feedback on created threads are often a lost of time for devs (I read them all). They often start with "Don't work! craps! I should have bought another headset", followed by "I found my issue, HDMI was plugged into my printer parallel port, now it work!" and alternatively mods say "Did you try putting your finger in that hole?" followed by "Oh! that's good, it work!, thanks CyberLZ!" 😉 When you create a thread is to grab the community attention because (IMHO) you know in a corner of your head that it could be a problem on your side even if you publish your rants like if the whole World have the same problem (which happened very few times in fact).

Making a real feedback report from the Desktop app if far more serious, mature and useful for devs IMO. Now nothing prevent to report in a thread in parallel to see if mods and other members could bring some smart ideas 🙂

“Dreams feel real while we are in them, it's only when we wake up that we realize something was strange.” - Dom Cobb

"Be careful, if you are killed in real life you die in VR too." - TD_4242

I7 10700K,  RTX 3070, 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz, Oculus Rift CV1

Netheri
Rising Star
Yeah, see your point @YoLolo69.

But also, if every problem should be sent via system which doesn't even give sender any dev response, why even bother create an entire section in forums named "Support"? Is it because every Oculus user has the little whisper in the head saying that "the problem is mine, i fear to send it to devs (who won't even answer when sent via the tool)"? (Well, there's no response in forums from them, so no difference there 😄 )

Imo, there's SO many requests about i.e. admin trick to be supported again OR getting a native option to not run Home(2), when using SteamVR, AND stuttering graphics (almost in every feedback) in Home(2) etc etc. that there really is something wrong with the software. And what's the deal with the mandatory Home(2) to be driven, when used SteamVR? The feedback majority on forums (In Oculus's own and i.e. Reddit) clearly states, that it affects performance, so why not give the Rift users option to disable Home(2) running, when not playing games from Oculus library? 

And to be clear on this on my side: I would GLADLY run Home(2) same time with SteamVR if they would work better together. But atm those two aren't getting together very well..
i9-9900K@ 5GHz, ASUS Rog Strix 2080 Super OC , 32gb 3466MHz DDR4, ROG Strix Z390 E Gaming, 1 x Inateck 4 port USB 3.0 card, 2x3.1, USB, 6x3.0 USB on mobo, 1x USB-C on G-card, Reverb G2

PIXELATED
Adventurer
..and no facebook profile/presence needed?
Gotta check this out next time
Win 10 Pro, GTX 1080, Asus Z170 Deluxe, Nvidia 391.35

Masamune5454
Explorer
Yes running oculus home and steam vr is making me furious. Until the update i was in love with oculus and vr in general. Now i get random issues and its very irritating. Its worse becuase it was working great and it feels like they intentionally said FU to me and others asking for the admin trick back. And it was really a trick as much as how it should run. If anything let us play games without home open. We dont want a homespace and virtual chairs we want to play games! And alot of our comps are limited by money so opening two programs just to run a third vr program is insane. Please fix this. I talked to tech support the other day becuase i was so close to smashing my oculus over it. Really it was a dick move and we deserve better. Now im invested and bought all these games and hardware.

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
To make everyone happy isn't there a way for Oculus to just put the Oculus Home background stuff to sleep while you are in a game or app?

LZoltowski
Champion

RedRizla said:

To make everyone happy isn't there a way for Oculus to just put the Oculus Home background stuff to sleep while you are in a game or app?

People are confusing 3 things together.

• Home 2.0 is the interactive home, it shuts down when inside a game and consumes no resources
  • Dash 2.0 is the UI .. the panel with the icons and settings, it needs to appear instantly when you press the Oculus Menu button on the right controller, so it needs to stay in memory. It also allows you to wear the watch and keep pinned windows while in a game, as well as to quit an app, glance at your desktop, or recenter. Think of it as the windows taskbar, it's still there even when you play a full-screen game. 
  • Core 2.0 is the underlying software where the magic happens, tracking etc /...
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

Marc-G
Protege

RedRizla said:

People are confusing 3 things together.

• Home 2.0 is the interactive home, it shuts down when inside a game and consumes no resources
  • Dash 2.0 is the UI .. the panel with the icons and settings, it needs to appear instantly when you press the Oculus Menu button on the right controller, so it needs to stay in memory. It also allows you to wear the watch and keep pinned windows while in a game, as well as to quit an app, glance at your desktop, or recenter. Think of it as the windows taskbar, it's still there even when you play a full-screen game. 
  • Core 2.0 is the underlying software where the magic happens, tracking etc /...

The Dash 2.0 part is pointless for those of us who don't have the controllers and don't wish to have it running in the background or "in memory", we would like it closed/shutdown.

Anonymous
Not applicable

RedRizla said:

It all fades to gray when a game is launched.
When exiting the game , you will see it fill back in.

I may be the only one on the planet that has 0 performance issues playing games with Rift Core 2.0 / Dash. And I play some pretty intensive games like combat flight sims.
Have no idea why I am not having the issues.