cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus rift s wont let me switch my audio output

Winterjet97
Honored Guest

Ever since I got my oculus rift s I haven't been able to use my own headset. It will only let me use the microphone on the vr itself. Does anyone know how to fix this?

8 REPLIES 8

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Winterjet97, please check the setting in the Oculus software as well as the setting on Windows audio and see what the defaults are set to. If you need any further assistance, please open a support ticket with us here. Thanks!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Sheepgamer2000
Protege

if you click the volume button on the bottom of your screen press the "^" above the volume bar, you can change headset outputs. for the microphone, you go to settings(Win+I) - System settings - Sounds - and change the input to your designated microphone you wanna use, you can change the microphone to you headset's and also change the output aswell.

FazeBananaMan
Honored Guest

On my oculus quest 2 I can’t figure out how to Change input or output of the headphones or microphone 

Hey there, @FazeBananaMan.  We appreciate you reaching out and letting us know that you are not able to change the input and output with the headset or microphone. We know that any sort of issues with audio can be a little troublesome, and we would like to lend a hand to help out. So we can gain a little more insight into your issue, can you tell us the following?

Is this for the Headset or the PC?

Are you getting any error messages? If so, can you send us a copy?

What troubleshooting have you done?

Please let us know if you have any questions. We are looking forward to your reply.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello! Just checking in to see if you are still needing assistance with switching your audio output. If so, please do reach back out to us at your earliest convenience. Thank you

Yes I still cant figure it out

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey again, @FazeBananaMan. Thanks for reaching back out and letting us know that you are still having issues with this. We would like to provide some troubleshooting steps that we believe may be beneficial to you.

Please try the steps listed here:

• Make sure the microphone is clean and not obstructed (the microphone is 2 pinholes located a few inches apart one on either side of the nose)
  • Reboot the headset
  • Test with multiple games/apps
  • Reset Microphone
    • This setting can be found:
      Settings > System > Sound > Toggle Microphone

• Are you using the headset by itself or the PCVR?

In addition to built-in audio, the Quest 1 and Quest 2 headsets also feature headphone jacks. The Quest 1 headset has two headphone jacks (one on each side), whereas the Quest 2 only has a single headphone jack. Standard headphones can be connected to a headphone jack. Doing so will turn off the headset's built-in audio.

Please let us know how this goes or if you have any questions. We're looking forward to hearing from you.

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello! Just checking in to see if you are still needing assistance with switching the audio outlet. If so, please do reach back out to us at your earliest convenience. Thank you!

Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?