cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus support for the cv1 is a joke.

Goopsie
Explorer
Like everyone with a CV1 has feared, my cable broke. Contact oculus support, after them saying to update windows & my drivers, they ask for my shipping address, phone number, name, etc. After supplying requested information, I'm under the assumption that they're sending me a new cable, or i'm sending my headset back to be refurbished/repaired. I would've been fine paying, but then they tell me to bend the cable to see if it connects, it doesn't obviously, and then I get this response.
Thank you for trying those steps.

Unfortunately we no longer
manufacture the Rift headset. We do not have any parts available anymore
to purchase. We are recommending to reach out to the Oculus forums top
see if anyone has a cable they are willing to part with.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.
It hasn't even been 5 years yet, and they stopped making the cables.
After my quest 2 breaks, I'm never buying another Oculus product. The facebook login requirement was bad enough, but they don't even have repair options for older headsets. Playing beat saber on the quest is horrible compared to my cv1.
9 REPLIES 9

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
So you are just finding this out now?  Kinda slow imho, lol!
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
I think some dude was on Kickstarter trying to make new cables. Not sure how that goes.

There's a cable here:

https://www.amazon.com/Oculus-Headset-Cable-4m-Rift-PC/dp/B07B8HZRM8

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
Ya, and sometimes you can find them on Ebay, but kinda risky/expensive imho.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
Seems like this was the project, but it did not receive sufficient funding, sadly:

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/virtual-reality-cables-virtual-link-rift-rift-s#/

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD

Richooal
Consultant

RuneSR2 said:

Given that it's a "used" cable and the seller chooses to post a pic of a brand new cable, I'd reckon it's actually a crappy old cable at a high price. I wouldn't risk it.
i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

Richooal said:

RuneSR2 said:

Given that it's a "used" cable and the seller chooses to post a pic of a brand new cable, I'd reckon it's actually a crappy old cable at a high price. I wouldn't risk it.

But you're pretty good covered by Amazon - every time I've had problems with a product on Amazon, I got a full refund. Not sure Ebay has quite the same safely. 

kakek
Protege
The cable for Rift S are already hard to find. ( Out of stock on oculus store. )
It's not even 3 year old.

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
Never had any CV1 cable problems, it'll be 4 years old this year. But I do not pull the cable and ask guests not to step on it. 

kakek said:

The cable for Rift S are already hard to find. ( Out of stock on oculus store. )
It's not even 3 year old.

If you look through previous forum posts, Rift-S accessories go in and out of stock and it's always been that way. Historically seems to be more of a stock problem in the US and Canada from what I've seen.

Currently unavailable in US and Canada, available in all European countries that I've just checked including UK, Germany, France, Italy, also ok in Japan but out of stock in Taiwan right now.