cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Requirements

ArcticBreezy
Honored Guest

I got my Rift S not too long ago however many games I've played have experienced lag or just complete failure to play. I know this is due to my PC's specs not being up to standard so I've come here to ask for suggestions on what to upgrade.

My Specs:

AMD FX(tm)-6300 Six-Core Processor 3.50 GHz

AMD Radeon(tm) RX 560 Series

8 GB of RAM

(The rest of the specs match the minimum from the Oculus minimum requirements)

If you can recommend any products which would meet the recommended hardware I'd be really grateful!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

First gen ryzen, so 1000 series would be a good bump for you. I have an rx580 to pair with my 1800X, but any non Non-G 1000 would be a good reasonably priced alternative. If you have a AM4 socket MB you may be able to pick up a Rzyen 5 1500 for around $100 used on ebay, maybe have one shipped from China.  I am running a used 1800X and it works fine, same on my Powercolor RX580. Your 560 will not allow you to play as smooth as I get, but it should be fairly good on a budget. I think you should also get another 8g stick of RAM and be able to run in dual channel, which would smooth out your experience as well. This assumes you have 1 8g stick in there. I think some more ram and a mid tier used CPU upgrade would give you a much more enjoyable experience as you work on maybe starting to save for a newer Ryzen 3 build in a yr or 2 when prices come back down from ridiculous scalper prices.

Ryzen 7 1800X, Auros X470 Gaming Ultra, Power Color RX 580, 4200Mhz Corsair Hynix 32g, 500g Samsung 970 EVO (OS Drive), 1TB Silicon Power Gen 4 (Game Drive), Custom Water Loop 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

RX 6800 or RTX 3060/3070 would all be awesome solutions. Or better 😉

Get at least 16GB system ram, remember always to use dual channel, thus 2 x 8GB, never 1 x 16GB. I wouldn't worry much about a cpu upgrade.

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

Thank you for your reply and suggestion! However, I definitely cannot afford either of those options and thus I will continue my hunt for an improved graphics card. Thank you regardless!

First gen ryzen, so 1000 series would be a good bump for you. I have an rx580 to pair with my 1800X, but any non Non-G 1000 would be a good reasonably priced alternative. If you have a AM4 socket MB you may be able to pick up a Rzyen 5 1500 for around $100 used on ebay, maybe have one shipped from China.  I am running a used 1800X and it works fine, same on my Powercolor RX580. Your 560 will not allow you to play as smooth as I get, but it should be fairly good on a budget. I think you should also get another 8g stick of RAM and be able to run in dual channel, which would smooth out your experience as well. This assumes you have 1 8g stick in there. I think some more ram and a mid tier used CPU upgrade would give you a much more enjoyable experience as you work on maybe starting to save for a newer Ryzen 3 build in a yr or 2 when prices come back down from ridiculous scalper prices.

Ryzen 7 1800X, Auros X470 Gaming Ultra, Power Color RX 580, 4200Mhz Corsair Hynix 32g, 500g Samsung 970 EVO (OS Drive), 1TB Silicon Power Gen 4 (Game Drive), Custom Water Loop