cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Software Build 15.0 Release Notes

ShowbizDonkey
Oculus Community Manager
Oculus Community Manager
Update 4/2/2020: Good news! I've heard from the team that v15 is now available to all users! Thanks again for your continued patience, and please reach out to Oculus Support if you experience any issues downloading or using this new software update. See you in VR!

Update 4/1/2020: 
Hey folks - We've seen positive results from the hotfix we rolled out on Monday. As a result, we'll be continuing the v15 rollout today, making this software update available to a larger percentage of users. Please note that the update is still not available to everyone at this time, but we're making additional progress towards that goal. As always, thanks for your patience and understanding!

As a reminder, if you are encountering any new or unexpected issues after receiving the latest software update, please be sure to contact Oculus Support for assistance. Thanks!

Update 3/30/2020: 
Hi all - hope everyone had a good weekend! Today, users who received the v15 update last week should see a new software update. This build is a hotifx for those bugs that were discovered during rollout: one bug that sometimes prevented apps with large amounts of DLC from downloading correctly and another bug that sometimes caused a system software crash. We will be monitoring to ensure that these bugs have been fully resolved for users who receive the update before continuing to rollout the v15 software to everyone. Thanks again for your patience throughout this process!

Update 3/27/2020: 
Hey folks - jumping in to provide a quick update on the v15 rollout. The team discovered a couple bugs during the rollout that has caused a slight delay in getting it out to everyone. We're currently working to get fixes in and get those fixes tested. As soon as everything looks good again, we'll resume the rollout. If you're anxious to get on v15, you can opt into the PTC. I'll be sure to provide another update early next week. As always, thanks for your patience!

All of these features and enhancements will become available throughout the week of March 23, 2020.

Oculus Link

• You are now able to test your connection during Oculus Link setup. Clicking the Test Cable button will tell you whether or not your connection is compatible, what the available bandwidth is, and what the connection type is. You can access Link setup by selecting Quest and Touch from the Devices menu when your headset is hooked up to your PC.
  • Important note: The Test Cable functionality requires your Quest headset is on software version 15 as well.

Chats

• Updated icons and labeling to improve consistency and add additional clarity to what what each button does
  • Fixed a bug that would sometimes cause the ‘Start Chat’ button to move locations

Miscellaneous

• Additional bug fixes and stability improvements
52 REPLIES 52

Richooal
Level 12
I thought for a little while that suddenly us Rift/Rift S users were starting to get serious Release Notes. I looked at the "What's New" text for my latest "update" and saw for the first time, a great big long list of stuff.

Then I realised it was just a copy/paste of the Quest/GO V15 Release notes from 8 days ago. It seems like it's going to be one release to rule them all very soon.
i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

ASchneiderBR
Level 4
Looks like Oculus is phasing out the Rift S the way they post change logs and lack of interest on solving problems for us users. I really hope that I’m wrong... The S is a great device with very capable HW. Please Oculus, I can sent to you dozens of issues and problems S users are facing for weeks now, don’t let us down!

Also, I'm not sure this “radio silence” is due to the Windows update 2004 that comes with a big improvement on GPU and CPU resources management. Too bad it was delayed for now. 

huliqan
Level 4
What a hell you doing??? Why all updates only for Quest link ???((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((
Have you forgotten that our main PC helmet is Oculus Rift ??? !!! :#

huliqan
Level 4
How to disable downloads oculus-worlds contents? I use homeless only and everytime oculus update everytime,which I do not need! :#

dburne
Level 15

huliqan said:

How to disable downloads oculus-worlds contents? I use homeless only and everytime oculus update everytime,which I do not need! :#

You don't.
Rift CV1| Rift S| Quest| Reverb G2| Index| Vive Pro 2

Pivot2163
Level 3
It's really odd how fast Oculus outdates their equipment. The Rift didn't last long at all now the S is going by the wayside for the Quest. I sure hate to think how much money people have spent only to have the developer decide it's no longer worth their while to provide support for something they were paid for. Even PC's have a general shelf life of 5-10 years..

ShocksVR
Level 9

Pivot2163 said:

It's really odd how fast Oculus outdates their equipment. The Rift didn't last long at all now the S is going by the wayside for the Quest. I sure hate to think how much money people have spent only to have the developer decide it's no longer worth their while to provide support for something they were paid for. Even PC's have a general shelf life of 5-10 years..

IMO, the working lifespan of a VR headset is about ~ 3 years. This was the case for the Rift CV1, and will probably be the case for Quest and Rift S. 3 years is a pretty good amount of time when it comes to consumer technology.
i7-7700k, Zotac RTX 3080 AMP Holo (10G), Oculus Quest 2
Previous: Oculus GO, Oculus RIFT - 3 sensor Room-scale, Oculus Rift S

ShocksVR said:

Pivot2163 said:

IMO, the working lifespan of a VR headset is about ~ 3 years. This was the case for the Rift CV1, and will probably be the case for Quest and Rift S. 3 years is a pretty good amount of time when it comes to consumer technology.

Working being the operative term there, problem is that it hasn’t been working for many of us since about December. I lost 30-40% performance then and it’s just stayed like that. I submitted tickets, posted here, submitted feedback and still nothing, many have given up. 
| AMD Ryzen 3800X CPU | Gigabyte Aorus 1080Ti 11G  | RAM: 16GB | PSU: 850W | W10 x64 | Simucube2 Ultimate Wheel Base | Precision Sim Engineering GT3 Wheel | HRS Xero-Play Quick Release | Fanatec CSS Shifter V1.5 | Heusinkveld Ultimate Pedals | Rift S | Kingston HyperX Cloud Alpha Pro Headphones | Sim-Lab P1 Racing Cockpit | Sparco Evo Seat

ASchneiderBR
Level 4
ShocksVR said:

Pivot2163 said:

Working being the operative term there, problem is that it hasn’t been working for many of us since about December. I lost 30-40% performance then and it’s just stayed like that. I submitted tickets, posted here, submitted feedback and still nothing, many have given up. 

Yes, this is really sad... I've submitted tickets as well, here is their response:

"I see you are looking for information on why you FPS is dropping
when you are playing games through Steam.

While we do not discourage people from using our headsets in
ways that go beyond the Oculus store, we only be able to troubleshoot issues
that occur while running the software that was downloaded from the Oculus
store.

If you could try running a game that was downloaded from the
Oculus store and let me know if the issue persists. If you are not getting the
same experience when using a Oculus related game, then you will need to contact
Steam for assistance on why the games frame rate is dropping."

Does anyone here really buys Oculus HW to play exclusively on their store? haha

Anyways, I hope they can fix those problems soon...

tatunts said:

If you could try running a game that was downloaded from the
Oculus store and let me know if the issue persists. If you are not getting the
same experience when using a Oculus related game, then you will need to contact
Steam for assistance on why the games frame rate is dropping."

This is a generic reply either copy pasted by someone who doesn’t care or written by the stupidest examples of human beings in existence. I have received the same reply as well. 

If you go and purchase an Oculus store product what exactly do you compare it’s performance agains? Without being able to roll back to previous versions of Oculus software you have NOTHING TO COMPARE THE PERFORMANCE AGAINS!!! I buy something and see how it runs today, how do I know how it ran before these updates, did it run better before? Worse? Someone from Oculus please explain how we are suppose to know if something has lost performance now compared to before. 

How can you hand ball something as Steams issue? The software still uses the Oculus runtime, we aren’t running stuff in Steam VR mode here. 

If something worked fine, then Oculus “updated” the software and it stopped working, blaming it on a third party must be borderline defamation.
| AMD Ryzen 3800X CPU | Gigabyte Aorus 1080Ti 11G  | RAM: 16GB | PSU: 850W | W10 x64 | Simucube2 Ultimate Wheel Base | Precision Sim Engineering GT3 Wheel | HRS Xero-Play Quick Release | Fanatec CSS Shifter V1.5 | Heusinkveld Ultimate Pedals | Rift S | Kingston HyperX Cloud Alpha Pro Headphones | Sim-Lab P1 Racing Cockpit | Sparco Evo Seat