cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Software Build 15.0 Release Notes

ShowbizDonkey
Retired Support
Update 4/2/2020: Good news! I've heard from the team that v15 is now available to all users! Thanks again for your continued patience, and please reach out to Oculus Support if you experience any issues downloading or using this new software update. See you in VR!

Update 4/1/2020: 
Hey folks - We've seen positive results from the hotfix we rolled out on Monday. As a result, we'll be continuing the v15 rollout today, making this software update available to a larger percentage of users. Please note that the update is still not available to everyone at this time, but we're making additional progress towards that goal. As always, thanks for your patience and understanding!

As a reminder, if you are encountering any new or unexpected issues after receiving the latest software update, please be sure to contact Oculus Support for assistance. Thanks!

Update 3/30/2020: 
Hi all - hope everyone had a good weekend! Today, users who received the v15 update last week should see a new software update. This build is a hotifx for those bugs that were discovered during rollout: one bug that sometimes prevented apps with large amounts of DLC from downloading correctly and another bug that sometimes caused a system software crash. We will be monitoring to ensure that these bugs have been fully resolved for users who receive the update before continuing to rollout the v15 software to everyone. Thanks again for your patience throughout this process!

Update 3/27/2020: 
Hey folks - jumping in to provide a quick update on the v15 rollout. The team discovered a couple bugs during the rollout that has caused a slight delay in getting it out to everyone. We're currently working to get fixes in and get those fixes tested. As soon as everything looks good again, we'll resume the rollout. If you're anxious to get on v15, you can opt into the PTC. I'll be sure to provide another update early next week. As always, thanks for your patience!

All of these features and enhancements will become available throughout the week of March 23, 2020.

Oculus Link

• You are now able to test your connection during Oculus Link setup. Clicking the Test Cable button will tell you whether or not your connection is compatible, what the available bandwidth is, and what the connection type is. You can access Link setup by selecting Quest and Touch from the Devices menu when your headset is hooked up to your PC.
  • Important note: The Test Cable functionality requires your Quest headset is on software version 15 as well.

Chats

• Updated icons and labeling to improve consistency and add additional clarity to what what each button does
  • Fixed a bug that would sometimes cause the ‘Start Chat’ button to move locations

Miscellaneous

• Additional bug fixes and stability improvements
52 REPLIES 52

Loorbeere
Honored Guest

Richooal said:

Loorbeere said:

So my Oculus System completely got crashed and the tracking didnt work properly anymore. I tried to install an older patch but this didnt help either. So yeah, i guess im gonna send my Oculus for repair.

Just how exactly do you install an earlier patch?

I just downloaded the patch from the Oculus Website which was March2020 and it seemed to be an older patch since my Oculus Software asked to update again after it was installed.

Erkkipenapetter
Explorer
Thursday: Everything worked fine.
Friday: System had been updated during the night. Oculus crashes after a few minutes.

In other words I received a patch that makes the system completely unusable! Without fail, after a few minutes (sometimes less) the Oculus crashes, requiring Oculus reboot to fix tracking etc. Then it crashes again after a few minutes and so on. You don't even have to play or use the system, just let it sit there with the software open. Have you already identified such issues and are you planning on rolling out a hotfix anytime soon?

Oh and it would be nice to be able to roll back to an earlier version so I could actually use your system while waiting for a fix. I hope you'd consider something like that.

(edit: more info)

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
Still, since v13, needs to have panel rendering enabled (Dash menu/settings/graphics) to avoid black artifacts on oculus virtual desktop.

Also, still need to use task manager to kill x Plane 11.

So, not much effort seems to be applied for Rift users imho.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Kelju
Protege
Some people report performance issues around discords with this new build. how is it for you guys??
i havent played that many games lately (im stuck with few favorites) and they seem to run ok. I did upgrade my GPU from 1070 to 1080ti tough so hard to say if things are better or worse since im now cpu bound with most of my games.

Even tough my (december release) performance problems got  finally sorted out with 13.xx version (dont remember exactly which build), every time i start oculus im scared s***less if my hmd still works ok?

I got trauma from the december release it seems. trauma that will never go away unless we are given the option to revert to older builds. And that trauma wont let my buy another oculus product ever. especially now that i have seen how short time the products are supported (CV1 cable shortage).

morphee7
Expert Protege
well on my side the issue still is with stuttering across all games, now after alot of testing with different graphics settings across different games the only way i have managed to solve this is by turning ASW to on and locked at 45 fps (40 on my tift s) with this done there seems to be no stuttering and i am still slowly turning up graphic setting up.
now i know what people are going to say is oh its your hardware but i didnt get the stuttering pre v13 and i was running a ryzen 1700 with a 1080ti but now i am using a ryzen 2700x and a 2080ti oc and im running those at stock clock speeds,

so to clear this up if i use ASW set at auto i get stuttering, if i have it set at off i get stuttering, if i have it set at ASW off but locked at 45 fps(rift s at 40) i get micro stutters. so there is only the one option with the ASW that makes it usable,

i also get the issue that @T@TomCgcmfc speaks of while on the virtual desktop unless i have the panel renduring turned on
well i hope this helps someone as i cant inform anyone with support tickets as they closed mine after asking me to return it and me being on lockdown and being one of the high risk members i cant leave the house to send it back and was told to open another ticket once this situation is over

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
Been using Index and SteamVR for a few weeks, but nice to be back - and of course Oculus had automatically updated to 15.0.0.200.456 (15.0.0.200.456). 
Pistol Whip no longer works using CV1 ss 2.0 (haven't tried lowering ss), but that's probably due to the latest game patch (I've informed the devs) and may have nothing to do with Update 15 - but the game works perfectly Reviving and using Index res 200% so no big deal. 
Just said hi to Olivia in Lone Echo, seems to run better than ever. Got sound in Oculus Video - everything seems to work perfectly using CV1 ss 2.0 and Update 15 on my rig. But yeah, I always listen to this song before starting my CV1 after a forced update 😉

https://youtu.be/92NpzXXpQtg

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

Anonymous
Not applicable
Lot of great feedback on Oculus Software version 15 there.
LOL.

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

dburne said:

LOL.

Ya, I finally have given in to the Oculus Gods and ordered a Quest w/Link cable, lol!  Hopefully at least that will get better, more useful updates.  Plus, like all of us, I gotta bit of free time thanks to the corona lockdown so I need something to keep myself entertained.  For a bit of a giggle I'm looking forward to trying the Quest w/Link and wireless with Virtual Desktop.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Anonymous
Not applicable

TomCgcmfc said:

dburne said:

LOL.

Ya, I finally have given in to the Oculus Gods and ordered a Quest w/Link cable, lol!  Hopefully at least that will get better, more useful updates.  Plus, like all of us, I gotta bit of free time thanks to the corona lockdown so I need something to keep myself entertained.  For a bit of a giggle I'm looking forward to trying the Quest w/Link and wireless with Virtual Desktop.

Yeah I also have Quest with the official Oculus Link cable, it works great for me. 

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

dburne said:

TomCgcmfc said:

dburne said:

LOL.

Yeah I also have Quest with the official Oculus Link cable, it works great for me. 

Thanks, have you tried it wireless with Virtual Desktop yet?