cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Software Build 20.0 Release Notes

ShowbizDonkey
Retired Support
Recording in-VR

• We’ve improved in-VR recording by adding an image stabilization feature. This enhancement will reduce unwanted motion that can happen when looking around in-VR while streaming.

Tracking

• We’ve enhanced rendering stability for Rift S to improve head tracking.

Oculus Link

• Users are now able to hide the ‘Activate Oculus Link’ modal. You can always enable Oculus Link from the Settings > Quick Actions menu.
40 REPLIES 40

morphee7
Expert Protege

Mazda_Ron said:

Mazda_Ron said:

Recording in-VR

• We’ve improved in-VR recording by adding an image stabilization feature. This enhancement will reduce unwanted motion that can happen when looking around in-VR while streaming.

how do I even get this to show up? is this just smoothing the mirror view or is there an option somewhere, I'm on CV1 if that makes any difference.

well, a quick look into this, If I launch OculusMirror.exe, it does not apply the effect.

If I go OculusDebugTool.exe -tools-mirror, then I get the effect.

I can confirm its not launching the same oculusmirror.exe as the process is different..... anyone know how I can find the executable it's actually using to add a shortcut or do I need to go through debug tool like this every time?

i have the oculus mirror shortcut on my desktop, i launch it click on it and it brings up the top mwnu with file,settings and help.
click settings and go down to image stabilization and select it there for which type you want.
then click on file and save so all you have to do is then start mirror and click file and then load and it will apply your saved settings.
i dont use it as it seems to like carry on m,oving after i have stoped moving my head

Cygnific
Explorer

TomCgcmfc said:

Cygnific said:

V20 fails USB test on Quest, happend in beta v20 also. Works fine in v19.

Works fine with my Quest w/official link cable and pcie card w/usb gen2 3.1 type-c port.  If you are using the supplied usb2.0 change cable you may get a warning message but if you can ignore it and it may still work.  

If yours will not work contact Oculus Support and start a ticket.  Good luck mate.

Weird, I had the same problem with the Beta and not in v19.. I have the original Oculus link usb 3.2 cable on 3.1 usb-c on my mb. Seems to work fine though in games.

Rolin_
Protege
Any word on when the Oculus PC app and Oculus Link will let us record/stream audio to the PC from the Quest without the need for third party software?

JanetteeTurnerr
Honored Guest

Recording in-VR

Tracking

Oculus Link

• Users are now able to hide the ‘Activate Oculus Link’ modal. You can always enable Oculus Link from the Settings > Quick Actions menu.

Interesting 

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

Recording in-VR

Tracking

Oculus Link

Interesting 

@JanetteeTurnerr I realise you are new here but responding to forum posts with 'Interesting' comments like you have with your first ever 9 posts today are not really all that 'Interesting', lol!  Maybe try to stick with questions or comments that add value.  If you like a post simply hit the bottom Like button.  Thanks kiddo.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
@TomCgcmfc  -That's very interesting. Thank you!

Globespy
Expert Protege

Rolin_ said:

Any word on when the Oculus PC app and Oculus Link will let us record/stream audio to the PC from the Quest without the need for third party software?

Might be best to ask in the Quest forums as people use Rift S in this one.
Here's the link so you don't have to lift a finger to find it:
https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/92298/quest-build-20-0-release-notes#latest

Richooal
Consultant
PTC V20 was released July 31 (about 50 days ago)
V20 went public on August 21   (about 30 days ago)

I can't remember the last time a version release had less than one page of comments. Could it be that all the comments were directed to more interesting things like 'facebook login requirements" or "30 series GPU release". Who knows?

One thing is for certain, after such a long delay in Oculus PC software releases, and upcoming T & C's and a "new" direction with "all-in-one" headsets, I think the next software update is gonna be a big one.

Rift users ..... fasten your seat belts. If we're lucky we won't be too badly affected as they tweak our PC software to suit the headsets that "don't require a PC.
i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

MPires
Heroic Explorer
My Rift S is working perfectly. Please do not make upgrades that put this at risk 🙂

Karu62
Explorer
just tried the .20 update. tracking cameras still cut out after a few minutes.