Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Software Build 23.0 Release Notes

ShowbizDonkey
Retired Support
These features and enhancements will become available starting on 11/13/2020

Oculus Link
  • Oculus Link is now out of beta! In addition to the beta exit, we’ve added the following features that let you crank up the visuals by fine-tuning the following graphics preferences:
    • You can now set your refresh rate to 72hz/80hz/90hz.
      • Please note that USB-3 is required for 80hz and 90hz support.
    • You can now adjust your render resolution for even better visuals.
    • Learn more about these new features in our Graphics Preferences article. 
73 REPLIES 73

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
Will these new refresh rates work for the Quest 1?  Does the current PTC v23 have all these changes or do they also need to be rolled out?  Thanks.

Edit;  OK, see on the Quest v23 notes that 80/90Hz refresh rates are only for Quest 2.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Nunyabinez
Rising Star
I'm a little confused. I got the PC software and my Quest 2 updated. I was able to change the setting to 90Hz, but I still only see four choices in the Quality area, just like before. The article above says there should be a place to set the resolution, but I'm not seeing it yet.

BTW, it looks great. I'm using the OTT to crank up the resolution and the 90Hz makes it really smooth.

i7 8700, 16GB, RTX 2080 TI, Rift CV1 | i5 4690K, 16GB, GTX 1660 TI, Rift CV1 | Quest | Quest 2

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

I'm a little confused. I got the PC software and my Quest 2 updated. I was able to change the setting to 90Hz, but I still only see four choices in the Quality area, just like before. The article above says there should be a place to set the resolution, but I'm not seeing it yet.

BTW, it looks great. I'm using the OTT to crank up the resolution and the 90Hz makes it really smooth.

Ya, I thought there was supposed to be a slider to adjust encoding resolution (and maybe encoding bandwidth beyond stock 150mbps).  Maybe it's hidden or maybe it gets installed later.  Who knows?

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

saint_cow
Protege
I have them, I unticked PTC the other day so was on 21, today I reticked PTC and the v23 it download came with the not that link is now out of beta etc. I have the different refresh rates option plus the slider to increase render resolution. Now bitrate seems to default to 500Mbps, haven't done much testing but a quick look at a couple of games and the update seems significantly better, definitely smoother as well.

Nunyabinez
Rising Star

TomCgcmfc said:

Ya, I thought there was supposed to be a slider to adjust encoding resolution (and maybe encoding bandwidth beyond stock 150mbps).  Maybe it's hidden or maybe it gets installed later.  Who knows?

Well oddly enough, it now appears right with the refresh rate, so they really are rolling things out it phases.

i7 8700, 16GB, RTX 2080 TI, Rift CV1 | i5 4690K, 16GB, GTX 1660 TI, Rift CV1 | Quest | Quest 2

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

TomCgcmfc said:

Well oddly enough, it now appears right with the refresh rate, so they really are rolling things out it phases.

Ya, sometimes it comes later or requires a full restart to finish installing. 

I now have v23 on my Quest 1 but my Oculus desktop app has not updated to v23 yet.  My v23 Quest 1 seems fine with Link and Oculus desktop app v21 for now.

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

saint_cow said:

I have them, I unticked PTC the other day so was on 21, today I reticked PTC and the v23 it download came with the not that link is now out of beta etc. I have the different refresh rates option plus the slider to increase render resolution. Now bitrate seems to default to 500Mbps, haven't done much testing but a quick look at a couple of games and the update seems significantly better, definitely smoother as well.

Hmm. maybe I should have just left my Oculus Desktop app beta-ticked?  I'm never quite sure whether or not to roll back to the final version (currently v21 for me) or just leave it on PTC?

chert1024VR
Protege
PTC Oculus Software V23 now has the refresh rate and resolution settings enabled. Those on non-PTC V21 should now join the PTC. Those on PTC V23 without these settings should go back to V21 and then re-join PTC.

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

PTC Oculus Software V23 now has the refresh rate and resolution settings enabled. Those on non-PTC V21 should now join the PTC. Those on PTC V23 without these settings should go back to V21 and then re-join PTC.

I just tried going back from v23 PTC to v21 and then to v23 PTC and these new settings did not show up, even after a few restarts.  So back to v21 non-PTC and I'll just wait for the proper rollout. 

No big deal, v21 with new v23 on my Quest 1 is working fine and I'm just using OTT to set encoding resolution to 3648 and global super sampling to 1.3.  Actually most things are now looking almost as good as my Rift cv1 with 2x SS.  Still not as good for more complex games/sims though.