cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ShowbizDonkey
Retired Support
These features and enhancements will become available starting the week of February 1st, 2021.

Oculus Link

• You can now set your refresh rate to 80hz and 90hz when using Link with a USB-2 cable.
    • Keep in mind, that even with some of the newest and most powerful GPUs, maxing out values for the render resolution slider with a 90 Hz refresh rate may result in dropped or missing frames.
  • Fixed an issue causing Link to show a black screen after exit.
  • Reduced incidence of “Oculus Link is not working” errors that were happening on shut down.
  • Fixed numerous black screen issues that could prevent you from being able to use Oculus Link.
  • Fixed an issue where the new graphics settings in the Oculus desktop app weren’t showing for some people.
43 Comments
daphix_VR
Explorer
thank you
clouds5
Expert Protege
Cool, I guess in a month or so maybe I'll get the update. xD We really need a "update now" button.
tanubon
Heroic Explorer
Same as current PTC?
morphee7
Expert Protege
R.I.P. Rift s
lensmandave
Superstar

morphee7 said:

R.I.P. Rift s

That's weird, my Rift S still seems to be alive.
Firemender
Honored Guest
my quest 2 still hasn't gotten the update? what gives?
clouds5
Expert Protege

Sadly, that's normal. Oculus does a very slow roll out with new updates... When v23 was released it took about two weeks from the release until my headset/PC actually received it. It sucks, but expect to wait days, weeks, even months. I also suggest people open a ticket or send feedback if you want things to change.
daphix_VR
Explorer

because oculus somehow came up with the great idea of rolling out the update at random :smile:
Richooal
Consultant
I hope this isn't a sign of things to come. My first guardian "fault" since install in July 2017.
I've never reinstalled or repaired Oculus software. I've never had to plug/unplug any connections. I've never had to juggle different sockets. My 3 sensors worked just fine, and now I get this............

op7521b8lcpj.jpg
morphee7
Expert Protege

morphee7 said:

R.I.P. Rift s

What i ment was it does not exist to oculus any longer
nalex66
MVP
MVP

morphee7 said:

morphee7 said:

R.I.P. Rift s

What i ment was it does not exist to oculus any longer

Rift S is still available to purchase from the Oculus store, so reports of its death are a bit premature...

httpslongwaytotennesseefileswordpresscom201909notdeadyetpngw640
Thmoas
Rising Star
Rift platform received feature updates for 4 years. I don't know what you want. Rift platform will not die, the Oculus Link cable tabs into the Rift platform. It's just that the Rift hardware line will be discontinued. If you want PCVR from Oculus from the summer on, you'll need to get a Quest and Link cable. There is no visual difference, same lenses, and better resolution.
daphix_VR
Explorer
its been 6 days and i still don't have an update
ramshakal_yadav
Honored Guest
da
Anonymous
Not applicable

daphix_VR said:

its been 6 days and i still don't have an update

Last one took a good 2 to 3 weeks for me .. 
You have plenty of time to go yet.
🙂
McKajVah
Honored Guest
Software just updated, but still no go for 90Hz with USB 2.0 cable. Is there a way to check what version is installed? Under library > updates > whats new, it says v25. Does this mean I've gor v25 installed,, or just whats comming in next update?
Richooal
Consultant

McKajVah said:

Software just updated, but still no go for 90Hz with USB 2.0 cable. Is there a way to check what version is installed? Under library > updates > whats new, it says v25. Does this mean I've gor v25 installed,, or just whats comming in next update?

In your Desktop App, go to "Settings", then click on "General" tab.
Scroll to the bottom for the version.................

9bdbzhk3j22c.jpg

Richooal
Consultant
Awesome news!
I just got a message saying my CV1 hand tracking was disabled by mistake in V23. After much testing this was discovered and fixed.
Now...... where do I find the setting for this in my Rift CV1? (or do they not even bother to check for CV1 anymore before sending messages?)

J_Shepz
Protege

Richooal said:

Awesome news!
I just got a message saying my CV1 hand tracking was disabled by mistake in V23. After much testing this was discovered and fixed.
Now...... where do I find the setting for this in my Rift CV1? (or do they not even bother to check for CV1 anymore before sending messages?)

Funny you mention that, I was just browsing the Quest store (on desktop) before and that dialog box popped up for me too. Thought it was a bit odd. 
LameDuckWarrior
Heroic Explorer

J_Shepz said:

Richooal said:

Awesome news!

Funny you mention that, I was just browsing the Quest store (on desktop) before and that dialog box popped up for me too. Thought it was a bit odd. 

Same.
huliqan
Adventurer

J_Shepz said:

Richooal said:

Same.

Same too :)))
Anonymous
Not applicable
Same but never noticed mine was not working. 
In fact im pretty sure its been fine ?
TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
I got V25 today.  All works fine with my Rift cv1 and Quest 1 (which is still on V23) wireless w/Virtual Desktop.  No problems with any Oculus or Steam Store apps.
Richooal
Consultant
Something strange is happening, I'm going to blame Ocubook's updates. (you know, the ones they give no information about).

A while back I had my first BSOD in many years. It happened after an Oculus update and others reported the same thing. Very quickly after this update a new update snuck out and BSOD's stopped happening.
Yesterday morning I had another BSOD. Today I opened my Rift desk top app to check on something store related. It froze on the "Home Page"/tab or whatever it is. I waited but nothing happened, mouse and keyboard unresponsive.
I had to shutdown with the power button.

When I restarted and opened the desk top App, I got this..................

075f3h1rjw1s.jpg

Nope, it ain't new and has never been disconnected or the software reinstalled.

Please Oculus, leave my Rift alone so I can enjoy the time between now and 2023. Separate your Link stuff and add it to the Quest stuff.
TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
@Richooal  Fortunately I have not seen this yet (or ever) with my Rift cv1.  All seems very stable so far.  Famous last words, lol!
Richooal
Consultant
I've done a few restarts, tested my Rift (working fine despite the software) and it still asks the question.

Instead of this (a question with no options)..................
5drvrf17v2zx.jpg

I'd like to see this ................
ujxdpidbk7aq.jpg
TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
Maybe just try a Repair and/or try uninstalling your Rift cv1 and set it up again.  What Win10 version and gpu driver version?
Richooal
Consultant
Thanks Tom, but I belong to the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" set.  The Rift works fine, so I'm not going to repair or reinstall for the first time in over 3 years just because there software thinks I might have 2 Rifts connected to my PC.
I really think it's time to create a rift (see what I did there) between Rift and Quest. Leave one version of the software (in working order, with no more "updates") for Rift only users and have another version that gets all the wonderful link and quest updates. It's not asking for anything extra. Eventually the gap will get so big that some will actually want to upgrade to Quest or whatever it becomes.
RuneSR2
Grand Champion
Just got the 25 too. No problems so far - it updated perfectly. Been testing a few games, again no problems at all. Feels exactly like .... Update 23, lol.
tanubon
Heroic Explorer
No difference between 23-25. No new bug, no improvement. 😛
morphee7
Expert Protege
well there seems to be no change between 23 and 25 for me. i still get the ocasional red circle x on devices saying my usb port isnt working and have to go to the settings/beta/restart and its all fine again, and no i havnt contacted support for this as ive not long back formatted my pc and reinstalled everything so a re-install wont solve S*** lol so i will put up with my rift s until 2023 and move onto the next company (i dont want fb ads popping up while im trying to hit an apex)
Daws-ITA
Expert Protege

McKajVah said:

Me too, both Q2 and pc are now on v.25, still USB 2 show 80/90Hz not available
Richooal
Consultant
Just got update to 26.0.0.39.502
"No information available about this update" as usual. I'm going to assume it's PTC V26, no thread about it either.

I'm just heading off to try out all the new Rift features. 😉
TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

Richooal said:

Just got update to 26.0.0.39.502
"No information available about this update" as usual. I'm going to assume it's PTC V26, no thread about it either.

I'm just heading off to try out all the new Rift features. 😉

I'm still pretty happy with v25 with my Rift cv1 so I don't think I'll try ptc v26 for now.  Please let us know what you think mate.  Thanks.
tanubon
Heroic Explorer
Yeah, I got v26 too. Need changelog... what are you doing Oculus?

Still 4080 is the limitation of encode res. 😕 Need moooooooooooooooore.
And need h265!
Richooal
Consultant

TomCgcmfc said:

Please let us know what you think mate.  Thanks.

So, V26 (PTC?) works smoothly with my CV1. No problems detected. However it's still asking me if I would like to set up my Rift.
TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

Richooal said:

TomCgcmfc said:

Please let us know what you think mate.  Thanks.

So, V26 (PTC?) works smoothly with my CV1. No problems detected. However it's still asking me if I would like to set up my Rift.

I know you do not want to do this but maybe try setting up your Rift cv1 again.  Even I've needed to do this a couple of times in the past couple of years and it seemed help fix things for me.  I think it may have reinstalled a couple of drivers during this process.  Not really sure, up to you mate.
ghs22
Protege
YoLolo69
Trustee
PTC 26 introduced a big badaboom bug with MSFS2020, confirmed by lot of fellows, white flashes several times per minutes (instead of once in a while), or more probably, head shifting anywhere and comeback at is correct place one frame later. I opt out the Beta, back in official release for now.
NizZ8
Protege

Still having this same issue i posted in the v25 PTC thread with the Release v25 version -- https://forums.oculusvr.com/t5/Oculus-Rift-S-and-Rift/v25-PTC-PC-Software-Release-Notes/m-p/848360#M...

On v25 i started seeing an issue on Quest 2 Link playing dirt rally 2.0 (steam) where the bottom half of my screen would have like a white-distorted overlay on it shortly after entering(or exiting) VR mode for a race.  Exiting quest link resolves the issue in the headset... appears to be a quest link related issue.

i just tried on the v26 PTC version and ran into this issue as well. 

Also tried with the recent v27 PTC and this issue continues to be a problem.

however the below isn't an option anymore
Reverted back to v23 and couldn't reproduce the issue.

Specs:
Win10 latest
RTX 3090 - latest drivers
i9 10900k

tanubon
Heroic Explorer

Where is v26 PTC PC Software Release Notes? It's so annoying that there isn't change log in update everytime.

YoLolo69
Trustee

Yep, please create the v26 thread so I can say how much I love the way it allowed me to get some distance with Microsoft Flight Simulator by introducing big display bugs...Pfffiiuuuuuu...

tanubon
Heroic Explorer

Whaat!!!? I got version 27.0.0.27.507!

Wow... v27 has critical problems. Oculus button don't work properly. And bitrate is randomly changed (sometimes looks good, sometimes terrible). Nooooo what is this?