cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Software Build 25.0 Release Notes

ShowbizDonkey
Oculus Community Manager
Oculus Community Manager
These features and enhancements will become available starting the week of February 1st, 2021.

Oculus Link

• You can now set your refresh rate to 80hz and 90hz when using Link with a USB-2 cable.
    • Keep in mind, that even with some of the newest and most powerful GPUs, maxing out values for the render resolution slider with a 90 Hz refresh rate may result in dropped or missing frames.
  • Fixed an issue causing Link to show a black screen after exit.
  • Reduced incidence of “Oculus Link is not working” errors that were happening on shut down.
  • Fixed numerous black screen issues that could prevent you from being able to use Oculus Link.
  • Fixed an issue where the new graphics settings in the Oculus desktop app weren’t showing for some people.
43 REPLIES 43

NizZ8
Level 4

Still having this same issue i posted in the v25 PTC thread with the Release v25 version -- https://forums.oculusvr.com/t5/Oculus-Rift-S-and-Rift/v25-PTC-PC-Software-Release-Notes/m-p/848360#M...

On v25 i started seeing an issue on Quest 2 Link playing dirt rally 2.0 (steam) where the bottom half of my screen would have like a white-distorted overlay on it shortly after entering(or exiting) VR mode for a race.  Exiting quest link resolves the issue in the headset... appears to be a quest link related issue.

i just tried on the v26 PTC version and ran into this issue as well. 

Also tried with the recent v27 PTC and this issue continues to be a problem.

however the below isn't an option anymore
Reverted back to v23 and couldn't reproduce the issue.

Specs:
Win10 latest
RTX 3090 - latest drivers
i9 10900k

tanubon
Level 4

Where is v26 PTC PC Software Release Notes? It's so annoying that there isn't change log in update everytime.

YoLolo69
Level 10

Yep, please create the v26 thread so I can say how much I love the way it allowed me to get some distance with Microsoft Flight Simulator by introducing big display bugs...Pfffiiuuuuuu...

“Dreams feel real while we are in them, it's only when we wake up that we realize something was strange.” - Dom Cobb

"Be careful, if you are killed in real life you die in VR too." - TD_4242

I7 10700K,  RTX 3070, 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz, Oculus Rift CV1

tanubon
Level 4

Whaat!!!? I got version 27.0.0.27.507!

Wow... v27 has critical problems. Oculus button don't work properly. And bitrate is randomly changed (sometimes looks good, sometimes terrible). Nooooo what is this?