cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Software Build 25.0 Release Notes

ShowbizDonkey
Oculus Community Manager
Oculus Community Manager
These features and enhancements will become available starting the week of February 1st, 2021.

Oculus Link

• You can now set your refresh rate to 80hz and 90hz when using Link with a USB-2 cable.
    • Keep in mind, that even with some of the newest and most powerful GPUs, maxing out values for the render resolution slider with a 90 Hz refresh rate may result in dropped or missing frames.
  • Fixed an issue causing Link to show a black screen after exit.
  • Reduced incidence of “Oculus Link is not working” errors that were happening on shut down.
  • Fixed numerous black screen issues that could prevent you from being able to use Oculus Link.
  • Fixed an issue where the new graphics settings in the Oculus desktop app weren’t showing for some people.
43 REPLIES 43

daphix_VR
Level 3
thank you

clouds5
Level 4
Cool, I guess in a month or so maybe I'll get the update. xD We really need a "update now" button.
I5-10600kf@5Ghz, 16GB DDR3600, RTX 2070

tanubon
Level 4
Same as current PTC?

morphee7
Level 5
R.I.P. Rift s

lensmandave
Level 9

morphee7 said:

R.I.P. Rift s

That's weird, my Rift S still seems to be alive.
Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.5GHz. Asus-Z170-PRO MB - CORSAIR H105 HYDRO CPU COOLER EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 Elite - 16GB DDR4 2666MHZ HYPERX SAVAGE.

Firemender
Level 2
my quest 2 still hasn't gotten the update? what gives?

clouds5
Level 4

Sadly, that's normal. Oculus does a very slow roll out with new updates... When v23 was released it took about two weeks from the release until my headset/PC actually received it. It sucks, but expect to wait days, weeks, even months. I also suggest people open a ticket or send feedback if you want things to change.
I5-10600kf@5Ghz, 16GB DDR3600, RTX 2070

daphix_VR
Level 3

because oculus somehow came up with the great idea of rolling out the update at random :smile:

Richooal
Level 12
I hope this isn't a sign of things to come. My first guardian "fault" since install in July 2017.
I've never reinstalled or repaired Oculus software. I've never had to plug/unplug any connections. I've never had to juggle different sockets. My 3 sensors worked just fine, and now I get this............

op7521b8lcpj.jpg
i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.