cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Software Build 25.0 Release Notes

ShowbizDonkey
Oculus Community Manager
Oculus Community Manager
These features and enhancements will become available starting the week of February 1st, 2021.

Oculus Link

• You can now set your refresh rate to 80hz and 90hz when using Link with a USB-2 cable.
    • Keep in mind, that even with some of the newest and most powerful GPUs, maxing out values for the render resolution slider with a 90 Hz refresh rate may result in dropped or missing frames.
  • Fixed an issue causing Link to show a black screen after exit.
  • Reduced incidence of “Oculus Link is not working” errors that were happening on shut down.
  • Fixed numerous black screen issues that could prevent you from being able to use Oculus Link.
  • Fixed an issue where the new graphics settings in the Oculus desktop app weren’t showing for some people.
42 REPLIES 42

daphix_VR
Level 3
thank you

clouds5
Level 4
Cool, I guess in a month or so maybe I'll get the update. xD We really need a "update now" button.
I5-10600kf@5Ghz, 16GB DDR3600, RTX 2070

tanubon
Level 4
Same as current PTC?

morphee7
Level 5
R.I.P. Rift s

lensmandave
Level 9

morphee7 said:

R.I.P. Rift s

That's weird, my Rift S still seems to be alive.
Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.5GHz. Asus-Z170-PRO MB. CORSAIR H105 HYDRO CPU COOLER. NVIDIA GeForce GTX1080ti. 16GB DDR4 2666MHZ HYPERX SAVAGE. SAMSUNG M.2 SSD 128GB SM951 Boot Drive. SAMSUNG SSD 500GB EVO Working Drive. Windows 10  64bit Professional

Firemender
Level 2
my quest 2 still hasn't gotten the update? what gives?

clouds5
Level 4

Sadly, that's normal. Oculus does a very slow roll out with new updates... When v23 was released it took about two weeks from the release until my headset/PC actually received it. It sucks, but expect to wait days, weeks, even months. I also suggest people open a ticket or send feedback if you want things to change.
I5-10600kf@5Ghz, 16GB DDR3600, RTX 2070

daphix_VR
Level 3

because oculus somehow came up with the great idea of rolling out the update at random :smile:

Richooal
Level 12
I hope this isn't a sign of things to come. My first guardian "fault" since install in July 2017.
I've never reinstalled or repaired Oculus software. I've never had to plug/unplug any connections. I've never had to juggle different sockets. My 3 sensors worked just fine, and now I get this............

op7521b8lcpj.jpg
i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Senors - 0 PROBLEMS 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it", please.