cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Software Build 26.0 Release Notes

nalex66
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator

I've copied this over from the support site for those wondering why there was no v26 Release Notes thread. Sorry there are no further details to add.

These features and enhancements will become available starting the week of February 26th, 2021.

• Bug fixes and updates.

i7 5820K @ 4.25GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32GB | Corsair HX 750W
SSDs: Intel 660p M.2 2TB, 3x Samsung Evo 1TB | Startech PCIe 4x USB 3.0 | Startech PCIe 2x USB C 3.1 gen2

9 REPLIES 9

tanubon
Level 5

Oculus already released v27 PTC... need detail of both... 😐

nalex66
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator

I would have also posted v27 PTC notes, but I couldn't find any (they're not included on the Release Notes support page).

i7 5820K @ 4.25GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32GB | Corsair HX 750W
SSDs: Intel 660p M.2 2TB, 3x Samsung Evo 1TB | Startech PCIe 4x USB 3.0 | Startech PCIe 2x USB C 3.1 gen2

YoLolo69
Level 10

At least we know they fixed in v27.x PTC the MSFS bug we had with frequent violent flash! 🙂

“Dreams feel real while we are in them, it's only when we wake up that we realize something was strange.” - Dom Cobb

"Be careful, if you are killed in real life you die in VR too." - TD_4242

I7 10700K,  RTX 3070, 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz, Oculus Rift CV1

Richooal
Level 12

Thanks nalex66

It's not a good sign that two PUBLIC TEST CHANNEL versions arrive with no mention at all from facebook/Oculus. It's disappointing that they rely on a volunteer to scavenge information and post it on their brand new "improved" community forum.

All I can say is that it's typical of the way facebook operates. They vacuum up information (including feedback from oculus users), use it for whatever purpose and give nothing back in return.

Are they serious? Two new versions and the release notes are "bug fixes and updates".

And I still have to log in everytime I come here. This place would come second in a race with a glacier.

P.S. My Rift still works. It's comforting that I needed new drivers to "keep my device functioning correctly" and facebook were there to help with it.

i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

That was most likely accidental. If they'd fixed it, it would have been in the release notes with flashing lights.

i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

NizZ8
Level 4

Since the v25 PTC i am seeing an issue on Quest 2 Link playing dirt rally 2.0 (steam) where the bottom half of my screen would have like a white-distorted overlay on it shortly after entering(or exiting) VR mode for a race.  Exiting quest link resolves the issue in the headset... appears to be a quest link related issue.

This issue was still present in v26 PTC and now in the v27 PTC

Captured with Oculus developer Hub showing the issue i'm seeing in the headset.

Quest2Link_WhiteOverlay2.PNG

Specs:
Win10 latest
RTX 3090 - latest drivers
i9 10900k

SwirlyMaple
Level 4

I realize this is probably no longer a place where beta feedback goes anywhere, but on the off-chance it does -- the v27 PTC release has broken support for 80Hz and 90Hz modes with Link. No matter what setting you choose, it remains at 72Hz, even after service restarts and reboots.

tanubon
Level 5

Dash button? don't work properly in v27.

daws72
Level 4

USB2 still unable to use 80/90Hz.

Nothing too bad, as I'm using USB3, but worth to mention.....