Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Software Build 27.0 Release Notes

ShowbizDonkey
Oculus Community Manager
Oculus Community Manager

Oculus Link

• Added a fix to reduce judder across multiple applications including Medium and Quill.
    • Improvements to microphone reliability.
    • Improved recovery flow for GeForce driver hangs on Pascal cards. For more information, visit https://support.oculus.com/572216283519517/ “Oculus Link isn’t working with my laptop.”
24 REPLIES 24

@420inPortland  Impossible to address your current Rift S problem(s) in a user forum (esp without pc details).  I have never had this happen with Rift (cv1 or S).  Could be a problem with your Cable or maybe caused by a win10 and/or AMD (if you use AMD) and/or Nvidia  update.  Who knows? 

The best thing to do imho (besides a little more Google research) is to contact Oculus Support and start a ticket.  Oculus has discontinued production of the Rift S, but support/warranty is still available.  Good luck mate and cheer up!

9 9900k, rtx3090, 32 Gb ram, 1tb ssd, 4tb hdd. xi hero wifi mb, 750w psu, Quest 2 w/Air Link, Vive Pro.

Yeah, I've already had an RMA replacement. There is no doubt that it is an issue with their software. BTW, the signature here used to show my specs but whoever does their web design took notes from their driver devs when they updated the text on here so it is cut off now. I have spent 2 mo troubleshooting and getting an RMA, and the issue persists. These forums are riddled with people having these issues and as yet there is no end in sight, even on Ver 28 Beta. I hope they DO fix it for us, but I have my doubts at this time.

Ryzen 7 1800X, Auros X470 Gaming Ultra, Power Color RX 580, 4200Mhz Corsair Hynix 32g, 500g Samsung 970 EVO (OS Drive), 1TB Silicon Power Gen 4 (Game Drive), Custom Water Loop 

artscout
Level 4

Guys, give us v.28 already, pretty please ) Can't wait to try AirLink.

i7-8700, RTX 3080, 32Gb RAM, 2x1 TB NVME, Quest 2.

@artscout Hold your horses mate.  Rome was not built in a day!  In the meantime, if you have not already done so, I think it's worth trying out wireless PCVR with Virtual Desktop.  This should give you comparable results with Air Link and, more importantly, will let you see if your current PC and router/wifi setup is suitable for wireless PCVR.  Please remember that for good PCVR wireless your PC needs to be wired to your Router with ethernet cable and you need good 5GHz wifi close by, preferably in the same room.  These requirement are posted on the Virtual discord channel and also repeated on Oculus's latest Air Link blog.

https://www.oculus.com/blog/introducing-oculus-air-link-a-wireless-way-to-play-pc-vr-games-on-oculus...

For testing purposes as long as you limit your usage of VD to less than 2 hours you can always request a refund within 2 weeks of purchasing it.

I think that a lot of Q2 users are going to be disappointed with Air Link because they do not meet Router/Wifi requirements and/or do not have a strong enough PC.  The new nvidia series 3000 gpu's seem to work best because they have the fastest encoding capabilities.  I have a rtx3090 and it rocks with both Link and wireless.

9 9900k, rtx3090, 32 Gb ram, 1tb ssd, 4tb hdd. xi hero wifi mb, 750w psu, Quest 2 w/Air Link, Vive Pro.

Lol, well, I already own VD and switched to beta with 120Hz support as soon as it came out in author's discord. (along with sideloading v.28 firmware). So nevemind that, I know what to expect from AirLink and mainly I want to see what happens with ASW, as VD doesn't support that. Well that and I want to see if ODT parameters will work fine with V.28 non-PTC version. Currently they work but somewhat buggy and they broke cable speed testing by changing any link-regarded parameters (encoding bitrate, resolution width, etc.). 

i7-8700, RTX 3080, 32Gb RAM, 2x1 TB NVME, Quest 2.