cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Software Build 28.0 Release Notes

ShowbizDonkey
Oculus Community Manager
Oculus Community Manager

These features and enhancements will become available starting the week of April 19th, 2021.

Oculus Air Link

• Oculus Air Link allows you to discover and pair your Oculus Quest 2 headset to your Oculus-ready PC over a secure Wi-Fi network.
  • You can opt in to this experimental feature from the Experimental Features section of Settings. Follow the instructions on our support site to set up Oculus Air Link.
  • Note: Air Link is part of v28 but it requires that both your headset and PC be running v28 software. That means we’ll be unlocking Air Link once both Quest and PC v28 releases are rolled out, which will happen soon - but you won’t see Air Link just yet, so stay tuned.

Bug Fixes

• Fixed an issue with the USB Cable Benchmarking tool for Oculus Link which would result in lower than expected speeds to be reported.
24 REPLIES 24

Jazz8680
Level 2

@ShowbizDonkey Hi there! This release sounds extremely interesting! I was wondering if you're able to disclose a possible release window for Air Link's activation. You mention that Air Link won't be activated till the v28 release for Quest and PC are both rolled out, how long does that process usually take? Will it be a matter of days, weeks, a month, or is it not able to be disclosed? Thanks!

chert1024VR
Level 5

Already got both v28 updates to the Quest 2 and the PC app. My Oculus Link USB bandwidth is back to 2.6 Gbps. which is good news. 

Looking forward to trying out the Oculus Air Link feature when it is finally released hopefully in the very near future.

Buetigame
Level 5

Works good... USB-Test climbs up to 2.4Gbps (should be 2.7/2.9Gbps w/original Link Cable).
No Air Link (as expected).

huliqan
Level 4

Why again 72Hz only ?

What with 80 & 90 Hz ???

Buetigame
Level 5

Everything works fine... even with 72/80/90Hz at any resolution (static res in headset though).

And Air Link is available now... but ist is VERY experimental.

(refer Quest/Quest2 thread)

One question to the Desktop-App: 

Settings for the bitrate only in Home, not in the Desktop-App? Really?

My fault, sorry 😉

chert1024VR
Level 5

Air Link already appears on my Quest 2 but still not on the Beta section of my PC app which is already V.28. What particular V.28 version of the PC app does Air Link appear on? My version of the PC app is 28.0.0.222.469

chert1024VR
Level 5

Solved my problem by re-installing the Oculus PC app. Already tried Oculus Air Link and it's working well for me.

Thank you Oculus for this feature.

LtJamesWatts
Level 5

Good that you keep updating and keep in touch with the community but I'm not gonna go inside some kind of test fase.
Just make sure that when you release it that it actually works.
Take your time if needed just no half work.

This is with all due respect.