cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Software Build 28.0 Release Notes

ShowbizDonkey
Oculus Community Manager
Oculus Community Manager

These features and enhancements will become available starting the week of April 19th, 2021.

Oculus Air Link

• Oculus Air Link allows you to discover and pair your Oculus Quest 2 headset to your Oculus-ready PC over a secure Wi-Fi network.
  • You can opt in to this experimental feature from the Experimental Features section of Settings. Follow the instructions on our support site to set up Oculus Air Link.
  • Note: Air Link is part of v28 but it requires that both your headset and PC be running v28 software. That means we’ll be unlocking Air Link once both Quest and PC v28 releases are rolled out, which will happen soon - but you won’t see Air Link just yet, so stay tuned.

Bug Fixes

• Fixed an issue with the USB Cable Benchmarking tool for Oculus Link which would result in lower than expected speeds to be reported.
28 REPLIES 28

Ya I had a very similar issue with v28, v29 except my visual artifact had a red tint instead of being white/bleached out.

Here's the image posted in the thread you linked: large (749×999) (oculusvr.com)

I was able to fix it by disabling Link settings in OTT, and setting ODT settings to default. For some reason, after the reset I can now change Link values back to custom settings via ODT (OTT Link still disabled) and the visual artifacts haven't returned.

i7-7700k, Zotac RTX 3080 AMP Holo (10G), Oculus Quest 2
Previous: Oculus GO, Oculus RIFT - 3 sensor Room-scale, Oculus Rift S

Buetigame
Level 5

Got the Desktop-App v30 in the release-channel yesterday... no words on changes / release-notes.
Also not on the official site: Oculus - Release-Notes - latest ist v29 back to may.

Works with firmware v29 on Quest 2... Air Link has to be activated in beta-section as before.

One new option (also in beta-section of the app) : OpenXR - runtime.
(wich should reset OpenXR back to Oculus if that changed in multi HMD environments)

ShocksVR
Level 9

PTC v31 release notes ?

i7-7700k, Zotac RTX 3080 AMP Holo (10G), Oculus Quest 2
Previous: Oculus GO, Oculus RIFT - 3 sensor Room-scale, Oculus Rift S

I noticed "dynamic bitrate offset" was added in ODT. I don't know other changes. 😛

I don't understand why they don't post release notes.

Buetigame
Level 5

Got an update of the Oculus-App from 30.0.0.36.502 to 31.1.0.67.507.

As "always" no word on what's changed... nor a communty thread für the freshly released firmware v31.

Oculus, what's up to you?
No community work anymore?

Sku77s
Level 4

Recent changes to airplay and dynamic bitrate seems to have bricked some Rift S's into a loading loop. A loop that can be recreated by setting the bitrate to something unusable via oculus debug tool.

Simply turning on Airplay ended my three dot loading loop and brought me to a failed dash with passthrough.

I informed support of this issue with the recent updates and was told to not raise unneeded tickets.

I don't want to say that this bitrate change was done to purposefully destroy some Rift S's that had camera sensors that were known to be out of warranty. I however will say that they sure don't want any help fixing what they broke.

tanubon
Level 5

v35 now... where are release notes?

LameDuckWarrior
Level 7

Why has there not been ANY posted updates on Oculus PC software.

PTC is on v35 and NO patch notes.

I've got a sinking feeling they are trying to kill pcvr.