cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please Help, Rift S is a total mess

JovenTroll
Honored Guest
Mi rift S is a complete mess. Display Port connection issues, sometimes when plugging the device, but from nearly a month now this crap of device just stopped working in mid-game after a random amount of time. It just stops tracking, the fucking light goes red and the image freeze, and a really annoying sharp noise starts ringing in the audio, and suddenly It just doesn't recognize the Display port anymore. 
Whenever that happens, I restart the device, but when I do, the image is shown but there is no Tracking at all until I restart my PC.
I Have done everything: 

• Repair the app.
  • Delete the device and reconfigure again.
  • Updated the fucking windows.
  • Updated all the fucking drivers of Nvidia and Oculus.
  • Put the Oculus APP in beta mode. 
  • Plugin and unplugin the damn cables again and again and fucking again with all my patience and doing the correct procedures. 
Please if someone knows anything about this shit, help would be appreciated because I am so desperate. The damn thing doesn't have even a year since I Bought it and form a month to now just without a warning I am struggling every day to make the damn thing work properly and for what I see, these problems are not just mine, the majority of the users have these and the fucking Oculus Support service do not reply to any of the reports and just give generic and stupid solutions. I don't want to give up on the Rift S, but if this keeps like this I will 100% ask for a refund and get other devices from other brands because it is really frustrating to be constantly having major issues with a piece of hardware worth 400€, it is just not acceptable.
3 REPLIES 3

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager
Hey @JovenTroll can you note your ticket number so that we can look into the situation and follow up on it? - Principe
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

kojack
MVP
MVP
I've found the most common problem is power, the Rift-S is a bit more than some motherboards support on usb (afterall its powering 5 webcams, headphones, microphone, an lcd screen, wireless comms and inertial tracking all on a single usb port). A cheap powered usb hub can help a lot, I had a lot of disconnect and tracking lost issues until I moved to an Orico powered hub ($59au 5 years ago).
Plus you can still use the hub for other stuff, I've got on it a Virpil throttle and joystick, 2 flash drives, a conference speaker, a H5 audio recorder, Rift-S, Rift CV1 and two charging cables for my headphones/Quest/phone.
Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

JovenTroll
Honored Guest

kojack said:

I've found the most common problem is power, the Rift-S is a bit more than some motherboards support on usb (afterall its powering 5 webcams, headphones, microphone, an lcd screen, wireless comms and inertial tracking all on a single usb port). A cheap powered usb hub can help a lot, I had a lot of disconnect and tracking lost issues until I moved to an Orico powered hub ($59au 5 years ago).
Plus you can still use the hub for other stuff, I've got on it a Virpil throttle and joystick, 2 flash drives, a conference speaker, a H5 audio recorder, Rift-S, Rift CV1 and two charging cables for my headphones/Quest/phone.

After trying some things it seems like it has to do mainly with this of the USB power save as well as with the antivirus. I have to do further tests. But it is really annoying, to be honest, if it is something so critical for the Headset there should be instructions to do that in the installation guide and not wait until you are desperate and thinking you have wasted 400€ for nothing.