cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please Restart Computer Oculus App Error

Slipperyfetus11
Level 3
I've contacted support about this issue, however it's coming up on a week and they've still not responded so I'm just going to ask the community for help because obviously anything would be better than oculus support at his point. So basically I got a new computer and I wanted to play VR on it, however when I tried to install the oculus app it would say my computer needed to restart. I did restart my computer and the error would persist, I've installed my old SSD on this computer to see if it would change anything (It didn't), I've also tried looking in many forums including oculus to find answers but all I've tried haven't worked or I'm doing it wrong. I will provide my error code at the bottom of this message.

[Error] [2/17/2021 3:38:41 PM] Requires Reboot
                        Error Code: 1
                        Install Step: UninstallDriver
                        Sub Install Step: devcon: Oculus Virtual Audio Device
                        Severity: Error
                        Line Number: 291
                        Caller: DevCon
                        ODI Version: 1.21.5.0
                        File Path: C:\cygwin\data\sandcastle\boxes\trunk-hg-ovrsource-null\Software\OculusSDK\PC\Support\OculusDriverInstaller\OculusDriverInstaller\Driver.cs
[Debug] [2/17/2021 3:38:41 PM] DONE SUCCESS
                        Error Code: 0
                        Install Step: UninstallDone
                        Sub Install Step: 
                        Severity: Debug
                        Line Number: 492
                        Caller: Uninstall
                        File Path: C:\cygwin\data\sandcastle\boxes\trunk-hg-ovrsource-null\Software\OculusSDK\PC\Support\OculusDriverInstaller\OculusDriverInstaller\Installer.cs
[Error] [2/17/2021 3:38:41 PM] Exception thrown that wasn't caught locally: One or more errors occurred.
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ThrowIfExceptional(Boolean includeTaskCanceledExceptions)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Wait(Int32 millisecondsTimeout, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at OculusDriverInstaller.EntryPoint.Run(String[] args)
   at OculusDriverInstaller.EntryPoint.Main(String[] args)
[Fatal] [2/17/2021 3:38:41 PM] One or more errors occurred.
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ThrowIfExceptional(Boolean includeTaskCanceledExceptions)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Wait(Int32 millisecondsTimeout, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at OculusDriverInstaller.EntryPoint.Run(String[] args)
   at OculusDriverInstaller.EntryPoint.Main(String[] args)
                        Error Code: AggregateException
                        Install Step: Unknown
                        Sub Install Step: Exception thrown that wasn't caught locally
                        Severity: Fatal
                        Line Number: 106
                        Caller: Main
                        File Path: C:\cygwin\data\sandcastle\boxes\trunk-hg-ovrsource-null\Software\OculusSDK\PC\Support\OculusDriverInstaller\OculusDriverInstaller\EntryPoint.cs

6 REPLIES 6

CryogenicGore
Level 2

im having that same problem and unfortunately the oculus support is no help at all you would need to have someone who has had this same problem show the

fix/workaround 

420inPortland
Level 4

I've been working a ticket with them, seems to take about 10 working days to get a reply each time I respond, even in my active ticket. I would say see what you can find here, and keep at it with supp.

Ryzen 7 1800X, Auros X470 Gaming Ultra, Power Color RX 580, 4200Mhz Corsair Hynix 32g, 500g Samsung 970 EVO (OS Drive), 1TB Silicon Power Gen 4 (Game Drive), Custom Water Loop 

I should also mention at one point I had to manually scrub my registry to get their software working again. Took about 2 hrs, vuz there are a lot of hidden files even after a manual deletion of their install directory. It sucks but if you are desperate enough, might give it a try. I had to resort to this after a failed install of their software in the first place.

Ryzen 7 1800X, Auros X470 Gaming Ultra, Power Color RX 580, 4200Mhz Corsair Hynix 32g, 500g Samsung 970 EVO (OS Drive), 1TB Silicon Power Gen 4 (Game Drive), Custom Water Loop 

You found anything yet? I'm still having this issue months later

Got an RMA but the problem persists. Starting to lose hope as now I am also having controller tracking issues and crashing. My Rift S is basically unusable right now.  😞

Man I should've gotten vive