cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please give us an option to turn off the low battery notification

Xicor
Protege
I think it goes without saying that the spam you get when your battery is 'low' is really annoying and useless.

My battery is at 2/4 bars, but literally every single song i play in beatsaber, the 'your battery is low' dialog pops up in the middle of the screen and distracts me. First of all, my battery isn't even 'low'... it is at 50%. Secondly. EVEN IF IT WAS AT 1%, there's NO REASON to pop up a dialog every 10 seconds and tell me about it. I already saw it the first time. put some sort of fucking delay on it so that it doesn't spam me. 
16 REPLIES 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
They are bad at "designing" for intended purposes. Much like a geek is not cool to make a Dance Game!

Sabrejet
Protege
I want to say that I really wish there was a to disable it as well.  I wanted to quickly test something after not using my Rift for 2 months.  I was so happy to see how great it all looked again... but then it kept freezing my controller every 1 and a half minutes.
Undeterred, I kept pressing Left Menu button to restart it (sucky immersion) and I was able to continue "playing" for over 45 minutes.  So, I have at -least- 45 minutes, if not MUCH more left on the battery... keep in mind, it didn't run out, I just closed the game because that was not fun.    That's 2-3 short sessions of playtime!  That's a whole round of showing it to a friend.  Why is there a warning at all?  Just put a single audio or visual warning and let it run out?  The battery indicator says I have 10% left.. after the 45 minutes.  So that means I probably have more than an hour and a half of game time, if I didn't have to keep resetting the freezing.  Just remove the freezing or the visual warning.  Is the warning there to warn of impending controller failure?  When the warning itself causes controller failure.  😞  this just makes me sad.

Animal451
Honored Guest
Everyone has their own preference so the option to turn it off would be great. Flying sims, I hardly ever touch the controllers.

hotboyturbo
Honored Guest
Agreed with OP. I do not and will never care about the controllers running out of battery. The only reason I turn them on is because there is no other way to get the Oculus desktop out of my face when playing sim racing games. Getting kicked out of an online session because of a controller I'm not using, don't want and can't disable is insanely frustrating.

Globespy
Expert Protege

TomCgcmfc said:
Actually, the Oculus Rift Controller batteries last a lot longer than any of my WMR's.  

I think that the main thing that it would be useful is if you could modify these low battery notifications until lower %battery levels until they are 'Critical', like win10 laptop battery notification options.

Are you referring to the CV1 (your sig doesn't show Rift S)?
Not the same thing, CV1 batteries lasted a lot longer likely because of the external sensors tracking instead of inside out.
The Quest 2 has [supposedly] great battery life and surely this must be software approach that could be used with the Rift S.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Agreed with OP. I do not and will never care about the controllers running out of battery. The only reason I turn them on is because there is no other way to get the Oculus desktop out of my face when playing sim racing games. Getting kicked out of an online session because of a controller I'm not using, don't want and can't disable is insanely frustrating.

When I am going to be racing or flight simming for any length of time I just take the batteries out of my controllers.

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee

Globespy said:

TomCgcmfc said:
Actually, the Oculus Rift Controller batteries last a lot longer than any of my WMR's.  

I think that the main thing that it would be useful is if you could modify these low battery notifications until lower %battery levels until they are 'Critical', like win10 laptop battery notification options.

Are you referring to the CV1 (your sig doesn't show Rift S)?
Not the same thing, CV1 batteries lasted a lot longer likely because of the external sensors tracking instead of inside out.
The Quest 2 has [supposedly] great battery life and surely this must be software approach that could be used with the Rift S.

Look at the date of his post.

i5 9600k @4.5GHz; 16GB DDR4 3200; 6xSSD; RTX2080ti; Gigabyte Z390D Mobo
Rift CV1; Index; Quest; Quest 2