cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest 2 over saturated colours

dt2zero
Level 2
There really needs to be an option to reduce colour saturation on the quest 2.
Watching movies on the quest and you'd think the actors have sunburn. 
6 REPLIES 6

l4gerardo
Level 2

I agree 100%, the screen is way over saturated, we need a way to tone it down

Brzuchu
Level 2

Me too. The saturation is ridicolous. Actually thinking about returning the headset I bought yesterday...

OculusSupport
Oculus Community Manager
Oculus Community Manager

Hey there. We are always looking for ways to improve and expand to give you the best experience we can. We would really appreciate if you submitted this idea at https://oculus.uservoice.com/. We look forward to hearing from you.

TomCgcmfc
Level 15

@dt2zero  I actually thing my Q2 colours look very good.  I watch a lot of movies with my Q2 store Prime Video and everything looks as good, if not better than my TV.

Since the v30 update ~2-3 months ago there is a colour correction option in the settings/accessibility section and there is also a brightness adjustment in the quick settings panel.  There is also a night light option and you can adjust how much 'warmth' you want.  Maybe you can play around with these settings and see if any combo of these help.

9 9900k, rtx3090, 32 Gb ram, 1tb ssd, 4tb hdd. xi hero wifi mb, 750w psu, Q2 w/Air Link, Vive Pro

@TomCgcmfc wrote:

@dt2zero  I actually thing my Q2 colours look very good.  I watch a lot of movies with my Q2 store Prime Video and everything looks as good, if not better than my TV.

Since the v30 update ~2-3 months ago there is a colour correction option in the settings/accessibility section and there is also a brightness adjustment in the quick settings panel.  There is also a night light option and you can adjust how much 'warmth' you want.  Maybe you can play around with these settings and see if any combo of these help.

Also keep in mind about color saturation now games are being color graded for quest 2, the games that looked great with the oled in the quest look bad in the quest 2 until a few of them were patched because you have to render and balance out colors differently with the led vs oled.

Also i will never watch movies and flat youtube videos on the quest 2 it is waste of it power.  Movies in general are mastered for projection / digital projection then refreshed for blu ray or 4k blu ray with hdr.  HDR is the main reason i will never watch a movie on the quest that 10 bit depth gives a better representation of the light output.

Your loosing so much when movies have to down sampled to one medium or the other.  4kuhd/hdr its not as much as loss as a 35mm imax film, so you do get that cinema feel.

Also the headset was design for gaming and not cinema.

The only other take away is i hope for the sake of quest 3 they make it HDR or dolby vision.

@PITTCANNA  While the Q2 is primarily a gaming device it’s the best VR headset for watching media that I’ve ever used.  Prime Video never looked so good, especially compared to my old oculus Go.

Maybe growing up with free to air TV with bunny ear antennas that we constantly needed to shift around has made me more tolerant of less than perfect 4K image quality, lol!

I also think that while the Q2 does not have the inky blacks like my Vive Pro or Rift cv1, imho does much better than any other lcd headsets I’ve used.  I’m still hopeful that we get high resolution fast oled’s in the near future though.  Cheers mate.

9 9900k, rtx3090, 32 Gb ram, 1tb ssd, 4tb hdd. xi hero wifi mb, 750w psu, Q2 w/Air Link, Vive Pro