cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on panel pullout?

dburne
Level 16
Hey gang,
So I have been playing around with panel pullouts. I would like to have displayed in a game, my Precision X1 panel.
Now I can do this, however the Dash belt still shows in the game, which I do not want. I would just like the Precision Panel showing.
Is there a way to do that without the Dash belt showing?
Rift CV1| Rift S| Quest| Reverb G2| Index| Vive Pro 2
3 REPLIES 3

TomCgcmfc
Level 16
Maybe you could try just moving the dash belt out of your field of view?
9 9900k, rtx3090, 32 Gb ram, 1tb ssd, 4tb hdd. xi hero wifi mb, 750w psu, Q2 w/Air Link, Vive Pro

dburne
Level 16

TomCgcmfc said:

Maybe you could try just moving the dash belt out of your field of view?

I can give that a try, however in say a combat flight sim looking all around it would probably still bother me,
Hmm maybe I could get it on my six.
Thanks,

dburne
Level 16
Ok so I have been playing around with this some more this morning.
RE: Dash Belt - can only move it so far up/down/left/right, so I ended up moving it toward the bottom and in my flight 
sim it is basically close to bottom of cockpit floor, so not too bad.

Now I have got it working well with most of my applications. The main one I wanted works great, Precision X1 for my GPU. I can easily have it available to me in VR within the game, and minimized to Dash Panel anytime also , so do not have to have it displayed all of the time necessarily. Can also resize it easily. Very neat, and no hit on performance in the game that I can perceive

One thing I have run across though I do not understand, is not all applications will show up as available to choose from in the Dash Panel for this. I have four that work, Precision X1, Edge, Oculus Tray Tool,  and Voice Attack. Another I wish would work is a third party campaign generator for my combat flight sim, however it will not show up as available to choose in Dash panel. 
So does anyone know, why? Is there just certain programs that just will not show up in the Dash belt? 

If anyone knows about this, thanks for any feedback!
This is a very cool feature indeed !

Edit: One last observation , one that bothers me some. Using this feature, the VR image gets kind of a tinted hue to it, making the environment little darker - kind of like one is wearing sunglasses or something. Reflects in the game as well.
I think this is something that would need to be addressed - I will send feedback on it, as I do love the feature.