cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red light in oculus rift s

Pavelpouble
Explorer

but i'm not asking you to examine anything i just want to know what the flashing red light in my oculus rift s means ???????????????

10 REPLIES 10

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello, thanks for reaching out! We're glad to help! The flashing red light usually means the battery needs to be checked or replaced. Let us know if you need anything else. Thanks! 🙂

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Rift S? Battery?

Rift s Works by câble and as soon as I plug it in there is this red light ? 

Hello, thanks again for reaching out! So sorry for the confusion. If you are continuing to see a red flashing light, we recommend that you try the following steps below:

• Re-seat the cable
  • Reboot your Rift S

If these steps do not work resolved the issue, then we would need to look at your logs to investigate further. To do so, you may click here to follow steps to collect logs and then click here to submit a support ticket. We're here to help! Thanks! 🙂

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

but i just want to know what the red light mean ??????

Hey there Pavelpouble, 

Thank you so much for reaching out. 

In regards to your Rift S, while it can occasionally flash an orange or yellow light, red is one of those colors that we would love to investigate further with you.  

If you would please submit a support ticket complete with the log files of your computer so we can work toward a solution together. 

To gather the logs: 

1. Open the Run window (Windows key + R).
  2. Enter and run: C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-diagnostics\OculusLogGatherer.exe
    • The above link is the default directory. Bear in mind that if you installed Oculus Home to another drive you will need to update the command with the correct file path.
  3. Select the checkbox next to ‘Full logs’.
  4. Select "1 day" from the "Collect last" drop down list.
  5. Wait for the log collection to finish. This can take some time to complete.
  6. The program will automatically generate a zip file containing your logs, which will be saved to your desktop automatically.
  7. Attach the newly created zip file to your support response.

We look forward to assisting you with this. 

but **bleep** I may ask the question by email or on the forum you will never answer my questions are not?

nathanmnm
Honored Guest

I had this problem just now, it turned out to be the cable plugged into the headset that was the issue - unplugged it and reseated it and it works ok now.

This is a real Joke...  They dont care anny more about Rift S   ( It is someting whit the firmware head-set).