cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacing CV-1 Touch Controllers

LinkRS
Explorer
Hello Everyone,
I have had an issue with my right touch controller for around 5 months now.  I have contacted support a few times, and they have been unable to help, but have assured me they are looking into it.  My most recent contact with support was last week.  My headset and touch controllers were purchased back in 2017, which means my warranty is long gone, so I know that if the problem is hardware, I will need to purchase new controllers.  Well, as I want to play my games (Half-Life Alyx anyone 🙂 ) sooner rather than later, I bit the bullet and purchased what is supposed to be new Oculus Touch controllers, complete with both left, right, and a sensor.  So, when they get here I will need to uninstall the original controllers and add these new ones.  Does anyone know the steps to do this?  Thanks!

Rich S.
2 REPLIES 2

LinkRS
Explorer
FWIW, I ended up getting a whole refurbished Rift kit from Oculus, and just uninstalled everything and reinstalled.  That fixed my controller issues.

nalex66
MVP
MVP
I replaced one controller through RMA in 2017. I don’t recall having to do anything complicated to get the new one working... I think there was a process in the PC software to pair a new controller.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo