cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restart Oculus Software - Episode 2

RattyUK
Trustee
The latest PTC update certainly cured the flashes - a brilliant firmware update that just made everything work!
Until last night and suddenly back to this:

s7e7jrxveyl4.jpg

A 'new' right controller and the 'Restart Oculus message' - notice also the half-charged battey in the right controller, with a new battery in yesterday afternoon!
Start the PC today - same scenario, restart...  Something has gone amiss somewhere.

Anyone else seeing this today?

ETA: Rolling back to the Release version appears to have cured the issue - feedback sent to Oculus 🙂
PC info: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - Sapphire 7900XTX - 32GB DDR4 4000 - 3 NVMe + 3SATA SSD - Quest 2 & 3
10 REPLIES 10

Saaj2000
Honored Guest
How exactly did you roll back? Uninstall and reinstall?

RattyUK
Trustee
I just opted out of the PTC - but troubles are back today...

ea1m123zp0pa.jpg

Breeding Right touch Controllers and a hanging Rift S demanding multiple software restarts....
And now I'm well past the refund window!
PC info: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - Sapphire 7900XTX - 32GB DDR4 4000 - 3 NVMe + 3SATA SSD - Quest 2 & 3

Anonymous
Not applicable
There's no such thing as a return window here in the UK mate thanks to the wonderful Sale Of Goods Act. If it's not Fit For Purpose then you're legally entitled to either a refund or a replacement no matter how much time has passed.

RattyUK
Trustee

snowdog said:

There's no such thing as a return window here in the UK mate thanks to the wonderful Sale Of Goods Act. If it's not Fit For Purpose then you're legally entitled to either a refund or a replacement no matter how much time has passed.

I may enjoy an argument with Argos on that stance, if the issue doesn't resolve itself in the next few days - The software reinstalls and restarts appear to screw .NET a little too and ED wont launch without a 'fix' too 😞

Anonymous
Not applicable
I think the government made a few changes to the Act a few years ago and called it something else but it's still pretty much the same thing.

If you talk to a manager there they SHOULD be very knowledgeable about it but if you get problems demand that they phone the Area Manager and they'll tell them to sort it out.

Or you could do what most people are doing and wait for Oculus to get their act together and sort everything out with a few updates. 🙂

juwonlee
Explorer
im having the same problem

Digikid1
Consultant

snowdog said:

I really wish that my country had a “lemon law”. 

LasseFar83
Honored Guest

RattyUK said:

The latest PTC update certainly cured the flashes - a brilliant firmware update that just made everything work!
Until last night and suddenly back to this:

s7e7jrxveyl4.jpg

A 'new' right controller and the 'Restart Oculus message' - notice also the half-charged battey in the right controller, with a new battery in yesterday afternoon!
Start the PC today - same scenario, restart...  Something has gone amiss somewhere.

Anyone else seeing this today?

ETA: Rolling back to the Release version appears to have cured the issue - feedback sent to Oculus 🙂

How du you "roll back to the Release version"? Just got the Rift S for my son and we keep having the "restart Oculus" message

Helcion
Expert Protege
You can't. That message comes from a problem with usb. Just unplug and plug the usb cable in again after some seconds. Needs to be done after every restart. Alternatively you can try another usb port (from another usb controller), grab a powered usb hub or get a pcie usb card from inateck.