cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift 1.32 Release Notes (Public Test Channel)

cybereality
Grand Champion
  • Dash
    • Menu Improvements: Added a new Dash rollover menu. Hover your pointer on the right side of the belt for instant access to volume, Touch status, and to re-center your view.
    • Various performance improvements
  • Oculus Home
    • Embedded Panel Support for Custom Objects: You can now add embedded panels to custom 3D objects for importing to Home. See the User Guide for details.
    • Home Menu: Updated fonts and added new localization options for improved functionality and visuals. 
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
67 REPLIES 67

bigmike20vt
Visionary
Hi. Has the issues with pCARS2 not working if home is open been fixed? Thanks
Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

RattyUK
Trustee
Just updated now, then spent a few minutes playing in home with the Hallowe'en goodies...  don't know about performance as I've not noticed any issue previously, but nice anyway, thanks!
PC info: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - Sapphire 7900XTX - 32GB DDR4 4000 - 3 NVMe + 3SATA SSD - Quest 2 & 3

KlodsBrik
Expert Trustee
Instant recenter and volume access is great features !
Thanks.
Be good, die great !

kzintzi
Trustee
does this mean I can embed a TV screen into my lifesized model of Tinky-Winky??!?
Though you are more than slightly incoherent, I agree with you Madam,
a plum is a terrible thing to do to a nostril.

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
I'm not usually a Beta kinda guy but I thought I'd give 1.32 a try.  So far good.  From my taskbar manager my GPU  usage seems about 10% lower in the core 2 home (25% vs 35%).  CPU is about the same (30%).  I cannot say that the fonts make much diff but I was already using high graphics setting anyway (left controller menu button/preferences/graphics/autoscaling= off, quality setting=high) and this, together with the antialising = on in settings/graphics seems to give me a very nice clear display within Core 2 home.  It also seems to make everything displayed on the Oculus Desktop a bit clearer/sharper. No need to try to apply OTT supersampling for core 2 home imho.

Core 2 rendering seems a bit faster, esp. going back/forth form the Oculus Store.  Seems to continue to work fine with SteamVR games for me.  Starting up Assetto Corsa from the Oculus Desktop continues to work great for me.

My only minor complaint/bug right now is that when I select Oculus Desktop from the Dash belt it initially pops up with a large yellow oval with a ! in the middle.   I displays the Desktop fine if I just use my touch controller or mouse and click on it or hover it in/out.  No big deal, just a little annoying.

Performance wise I don't see much difference but I was already getting solid performance with 1.31.  I seem to be seeing a slight improvement in my X-Plane 11 framerates but nothing very significant (+2-3 fps).

Now, I just want to know where the heck is ASW 2.0???, lol!
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

JamesRL
Explorer
Mine won't update, keeps trying to update, then gets to "Downloading 11th item of 11 gets to 50% then a popup asks for me to update again. 😞 

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

JamesRL said:

Mine won't update, keeps trying to update, then gets to 11th item then a popup asks for me to update again. 😞 

Mine did that too the first time.  I just clicked install when this popped up and it seemed to finish the installation of item 11, then finished installing, and then restarted the Oculus desktop app.  Sometimes ya just gotta try-try again, push lots of buttons, and hold your tongue in the right spot, lol!

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Digikid1
Consultant

KlodsBrik said:

Thanks.

They’ve always had volume access.....

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

Digikid1 said:

KlodsBrik said:

Thanks.

They’ve always had volume access.....

Ya, but now you just need to hover your hand over this to select.  Kinda cool imho.