cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift 1.33 PTC Release Notes

cybereality
Grand Champion

Dash:

• We've added a new system keyboard to Dash. You can access it by clicking on the keyboard icon at the bottom right of any virtual desktop window.
  • We've updated Dash's background environment with new textures and lighting.

Home:

• You can now report offensive behavior and content within Home. Use the context menu or social panel to initiate a report.
  • We've added a new collection of festive items to celebrate the holidays! *
    • Assets include:
      • Decorations
        • Lodge Sofa
        • Lodge Armchair
        • Antique Sled Table
        • Lodge Rug
        • Rustic Dining Stool
        • Rustic Island
        • Rustic Long Counter
        • Rustic Square Counter
        • Rustic Long Shelf
        • Rustic Short Shelf
        • Rustic Bookcase
        • Comet
        • Cupid
        • Mistletoe
        • Cheerful Centerpiece
        • Winter Wreath
        • Christmas Stockings
        • Regal Buck
        • Snowflake the Snowman
        • Popsicle the Snowpup
        • Menorah
        • Kinara
        • Mkeka
      • Objects
        • Muhindi
        • Unity Cup
        • Gimmel the Dreidel Plushie
        • Christmas Present
        • Tales for the Winter Solstice
        • Cheerful Throw Pillow
        • Joyful Throw Pillow
      • Environment
        • Ceiling Winter Cabin
        • Details Winter Cabin
        • Floor Winter Cabin
        • Wall Winter Cabin
* Objects will be rolling out later this week.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
63 REPLIES 63

LZoltowski
Champion
To anyone who is having game/experience breaking issues with PTC, please report them using the Oculus App feedback, then revert back to the stable non-PTC version for the time being. PTC is there for those who are willing to suffer through the bugs and report them so they can be nipped in the bud before a public release, if it is too much, just switch back and sit this one out 🙂

Test - a procedure intended to establish the quality, performance, or reliability of something, especially before it is taken into widespread use.
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

TomCgcmfc said:

dburne said:

Nope just checked, the rays are still always on for me.
Very aggravating. 

If this bugs you that much why not just roll back to 1.32???  Sticking with 1.33ptc and constantly complaining about it is not really going to help anyone imho.  I'm confident that Oculus will try to fix this problem now you and others (incl myself) have let them know about this and other bugs.

Well I thought I was being helpful by communicating here, and yes I submitted feedback through the proper channel on the first day. Someone mentioned that it went away for them here recently so I was just checking mine and replying  letting know it did not for me. Sorry if that troubled you too much.

I have no problem running the PTC, been doing it since day one of them making PTC available to us with Rift Core 2.0. I do not want to roll back to 1.32, just hoping it gets addressed before official release of 1.33.
So excuse me for providing feedback.
But to help I will just keep my mouth shut now.

Digikid1
Consultant
Regardless of what they say....do BOTH.  Report here AND on the Oculus program. At least that covers both grounds and even gives the community a chance to help out as well. 

So no....do NOT keep your mouth shut. If they don’t like it that’s tough but you have a right to speak up. Use it. 

LZoltowski
Champion

Digikid1 said:

Regardless of what they say....do BOTH.  Report here AND on the Oculus program. At least that covers both grounds and even gives the community a chance to help out as well. 

So no....do NOT keep your mouth shut. If they don’t like it that’s tough but you have a right to speak up. Use it. 

I don't think anyone is telling anyone to shut up, I think what @TomCgcmfc is saying is that report bugs, shout about them in fact, but also try to understand that the bugs will happen so don't get annoyed by them. PTC is a choice, you can always opt out rather than post anger or frustration at them 🙂 If this was the live version then sure, but not PTC 🙂
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable
"You can now report offensive behavior and content within Home. Use the context menu or social panel to initiate a report."
When I used Oculus I preferred Homeless anyways. It seems all of our requests fall on deaf ears to add custom switches like this and ridding the CPU Warning (that's not presently an issue due to the Block as it won't appear even if still programmed to). Now the idea of Reporting Users is just "Facebook" all over. This can lead to abuse of reporting and then what? Banned accounts? Forcing loss of friends? It's the New World Order of the Demolition Man Movie...don't do anything that might cause offense! From saying something over the mic; putting in offensive pics; music; etc? Offences are purely superficial as no harm is ever taken if even not intended. So no jokes and totally no fun. God help us all (*and I did not take his name in vein even though I have no proof of actual existence).

Muskoka1
Expert Protege

Muskoka1 said:

dburne said:

Man I hope they do something about these Touch rays always being in VR.
Really takes away from the experience, they are even there in third party non-Touch games.
Always there.

The other day I had them, now there gone. Nothing at all has changed at my end, system wise, strange.

Could be a hotfix was pushed out to PTC, there were two 7 days ago, and another one about 3-4 days ago.

PTC can have many small patches pushed out until its ready for Live

That's why I specifically stated nothing had changed at my end, there was no new update, other than what I've already mentioned. Every, and I mean every time Oculus updates, it update loops at minimum 7 times at my end, until it's finished. That's not something you can miss, wondering if it's going to fail, like it's done far too often, and your stuck with a 5gb download/re-install. Why it happens, I have no idea. Its not like I haven't spent time with Support talking about it, quite the contrary.

As for the lines, they simply disappeared. Sorry dburne, I don't have an answer to the problem. 
i5 11600k - 4070 - 64gb ram - Quest 2 - Rift S - CV1

Richooal
Consultant
I got an update about 7 hrs ago. Those pointers have gone.
Unfortunately, I don't know if it's coincidental, or deliberate because there are still no release notes with the update.
i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

nikony13
Explorer

Richooal said:

I got an update about 7 hrs ago. Those pointers have gone.
Unfortunately, I don't know if it's coincidental, or deliberate because there are still no release notes with the update.

for me it's still there after the update

iJudgement
Heroic Explorer

MAC_MAN86 said:

"You can now report offensive behavior and content within Home. Use the context menu or social panel to initiate a report."
When I used Oculus I preferred Homeless anyways. It seems all of our requests fall on deaf ears to add custom switches like this and ridding the CPU Warning (that's not presently an issue due to the Block as it won't appear even if still programmed to). Now the idea of Reporting Users is just "Facebook" all over. This can lead to abuse of reporting and then what? Banned accounts? Forcing loss of friends? It's the New World Order of the Demolition Man Movie...don't do anything that might cause offense! From saying something over the mic; putting in offensive pics; music; etc? Offences are purely superficial as no harm is ever taken if even not intended. So no jokes and totally no fun. God help us all (*and I did not take his name in vein even though I have no proof of actual existence).

Pretty sure they need to actually be able to prove it's against the code of conduct for it to actually matter.

As long as you're a decent human being it shouldn't matter. Stop scaring people with your mafia tactics.

HotWasabiPeas
Protege
Have left a feedback via the app, but thought I'd mention here as well that imported object in 1.33 PTC appear glossier than they used to be. All my imported objects have this reflective quality to them now that looks bleh for some subjects.