Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift 1.33 Release Rolling Out Now

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Dash:

• We've added a new system keyboard to Dash. You can access it by clicking on the keyboard icon at the bottom right of any virtual desktop window.
  • We've updated Dash's background environment with new textures and lighting.

Home:

• You can now report offensive behavior and content within Home. Use the context menu or social panel to initiate a report.
  • We've added a new collection of festive items to celebrate the holidays!
    • Assets include:
      • Decorations
        • Lodge Sofa
        • Lodge Armchair
        • Antique Sled Table
        • Lodge Rug
        • Rustic Dining Stool
        • Rustic Island
        • Rustic Long Counter
        • Rustic Square Counter
        • Rustic Long Shelf
        • Rustic Short Shelf
        • Rustic Bookcase
        • Comet
        • Cupid
        • Mistletoe
        • Cheerful Centerpiece
        • Winter Wreath
        • Christmas Stockings
        • Regal Buck
        • Snowflake the Snowman
        • Popsicle the Snowpup
        • Menorah
        • Kinara
        • Mkeka
      • Objects
        • Muhindi
        • Unity Cup
        • Gimmel the Dreidel Plushie
        • Christmas Present
        • Tales for the Winter Solstice
        • Cheerful Throw Pillow
        • Joyful Throw Pillow
      • Environment
        • Ceiling Winter Cabin
        • Details Winter Cabin
        • Floor Winter Cabin
        • Wall Winter Cabin
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!
118 REPLIES 118

Digikid1
Consultant
Add a CHRISTMAS TREE.

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

Ya and a Xmas Angel too!

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Henri1970
Adventurer
haha

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
Just downloaded and cannot see much diff from 1.32,  Maybe a little better performance.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

TomCgcmfc said:

Just downloaded and cannot see much diff from 1.32,  Maybe a little better performance.

Maybe I should test performance thoroughly in 1.32 later today (just in Home) - in case there's a nice surprise in 1.33. It'll probably be a few more days before I get 1.33.

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

RuneSR2 said:

TomCgcmfc said:

Maybe I should test performance thoroughly in 1.32 later today (just in Home) - in case there's a nice surprise in 1.33. It'll probably be a few more days before I get 1.33.

If you are in a hurry to get 1.33 public release now you can probably just opt-into the PTC and/or do a reinstall/repair, or just wait for it to magically appear (actually probably best option imho).  I chose to opt back into PTC and it all appears to work fine.  I'm still not sure how useful the dash keyboard is but maybe I will find some use for it in the future. 

Kinda disappointed that there does not seem to be ASW 2.0 included though, or at least I don't see it.  This was promised a couple of months ago to be released by ~ end of 2018 (ya, I know we are not there yet, duh).  I'm looking forward to this because ASW 1.0 gives me way too many artifacts (like wavy building windows) on high demand sims like X-plane 11 which cannot do 90fps in VR (just 40-50fps).  For now I just find it best to turn it off.

https://old.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/9jptp1/asynchronous_spacewarp_20_coming_soon_via_rift/

Still, always good to see new Oculus Rift Updates imho.  Thanks Oculus.

MikeF
Trustee
Avatar SDK packet implementation is still broken in unity from this update. Really disappointing that this was pushed when it was made clear to your internal team weeks ago that this would break games.
Edit: fixed now, thanks guys

Anonymous
Not applicable
Good grief. No Christmas Tree..?

Probably because you can't really call it anything but a Christmas Tree and because of ridiculous political correctness we're not allowed to call Christmas anything but Winter Festival or something similar.

Dear Oculus, you haven't included a Christmas Tree in the latest update. Fuck you, I'm buying a Vive!!! 😮 😄 😄 😄

kzintzi
Trustee
it's the annual, primary, non-denominational gifting period :smiley:
Though you are more than slightly incoherent, I agree with you Madam,
a plum is a terrible thing to do to a nostril.