Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift 1.34 Release Rolling Out Now

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Dash:

• Livestreaming: You can now livestream directly to your Facebook page using Dash. Note: Some apps do not permit streaming.
  • Avatar editing: Change your Oculus Avatar anytime by pressing on the “Edit Avatar” tab on the Social Panel in Dash.

Home:

• Public Homes: You now have the option to make your Home public, allowing non-friends to visit your space and join group activities. The Home menu also now features recommended Homes, based on things like social activity and number of likes. Recommendations are automatic and dynamic, so check back often. Note: This feature is rolling out gradually.
  • Improved multiplayer functionality: We've updated multiplayer features in Home so you can play basketball, shoot blasters or redesign your Home while friends are there.
  • Multiplayer avatar editing: Strut your stuff. You can now use the Avatar Editor mirror to customize your appearance when you're in a Home with your friends.

Fixes:

• Fixed double rendering issue impacting some GPUs

Update (1/28/2019)

Hey all - just wanted to provide a quick update. Earlier this month we identified a Dash issue impacting memory clock speed on NVIDIA cards, and our engineering teams have been actively working with our friends at NVIDIA to identify a fix. Our teams appreciate your continued patience as we work to provide a resolution. If you are experiencing this issue or any others, please continue to utilize the "Provide Feedback" option within the Oculus software and open a support ticket with your logs.
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!
97 REPLIES 97

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hmm the Nvidia Inspector I am getting does not have that option of Cuda-Force P2 state.
The download link I am grabbing at Nvidia Inspector site says 2.1.3.20, but the file when open just says 2.13...

kojack
MVP
MVP

Optic100 said:

Is it possible to reduce the black boarders around the edges? like a complete 180degree's

The view is as wide as the lenses allow. The black boarder is physically the inside of the headset. You'd need very different lenses and screens to get 180 degrees.
Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

Anonymous
Not applicable
 I used to have vr device which replaces a monitor.........plug it in your gpu card and go.Perfect for flightsimming.
Even perfect for proffesional flightsimming.
It used to work like this...but I am afraid since 1.33 oculus( facebook) has otherplans for their device.

Daws-ITA
Expert Protege

dburne said:

Hmm the Nvidia Inspector I am getting does not have that option of Cuda-Force P2 state.
The download link I am grabbing at Nvidia Inspector site says 2.1.3.20, but the file when open just says 2.13...

Hi, which driver are you using? I guess these feature is only on recent. BTW do you get the memory downclock? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

daws72 said:

dburne said:

Hi, which driver are you using? I guess these feature is only on recent. BTW do you get the memory downclock? 

Yes on my 2080 Ti FTW3 Utra, mem downclocks from 7000 to 6800 upon starting Oculus Home.

Animus777
Explorer
dburne said:
I had the same problem. Nvidia Inspector is outdated. Use Nvidia Profile Inspector from the link daws72 provided: https://github.com/Orbmu2k/nvidiaProfileInspector/releases

Anonymous
Not applicable

dburne said:

I confirm my opened Nvidia Inspector says 2.1.3.20 in the top bar and has the option Cuda-Force P2 state in:
5 - Common (line 3)

lensmandave
Superstar
Great fix, thanks for the heads up 🙂  I also raised a ticket with support. They suggested a software repair and reinstall of video drivers. 
Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.5GHz. Asus-Z170-PRO MB - Nvidia RTX 3080 ti - 16GB DDR4 2666MHZ HYPERX SAVAGE.

Inimitable
Protege

Thanks for sharing, @daws72 . But before I make this change, I'd like to know:

What are the other consequences of disabling this? Are any particular features/services going to change in performance? (Some mentioned Facebook streaming, for example)

And when it's fixed in Oculus, is reverting this change simply going back and setting this back to its original state?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Animus777 said:

dburne said:
I had the same problem. Nvidia Inspector is outdated. Use Nvidia Profile Inspector from the link daws72 provided: https://github.com/Orbmu2k/nvidiaProfileInspector/releases

That one worked, thanks!
Working great for me, got all my memory speed back!

C'mon Oculus seriously....