Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift 1.36 PTC Release Notes

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager
Home:
  • Sound Objects: Fill your Home with sound by placing new sound objects. Select from an initial pool of nature, sci-fi and other sounds to add effects and enhance your space. Sound Objects can be found in the audio section of your inventory.
  • Gateways: Create an easy link between your own Home and other Homes with a Gateway. Place anywhere in your Home to expand your space and connect different themed rooms or public Homes. Find Gateways in the Special Items section of your inventory.
  • Performance Improvements: Miscellaneous graphics updates for improved performance with medium and low settings across devices.

If you encounter any issues with this PTC software release, please be sure to report them using the Help Center > Provide Feedback option within the Oculus desktop software. Thanks for your continued help!
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!
65 REPLIES 65

Richooal
Consultant

kzintzi said:

don't suppose anyone has a link to the doco on creating your own homes?

This one?
https://creator.oculus.com/blog/introducing-oculus-home-user-created-spaces/

i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

kzintzi
Trustee
that's the bunny :smile:

Thanks.
Though you are more than slightly incoherent, I agree with you Madam,
a plum is a terrible thing to do to a nostril.

Wsterntime
Explorer
I have run into a few other people myself included where when you lock your room (Preferences-Edit-Lock/unlock) that everything in your room clears out and you are left with an empty room. Tonight I turned off the Beta test channel and received the current stable update. Restarted Oculus placed a few things in the room and everything worked fine. Glutton for punishment I turned the test channel back on, received the update, restarted Oculus, placed a few things locked the placement and everything stayed there. Went back a while later and the room was empty again. Anyone else having this issue? Sent a feedback report as I don't know how wide spread this is. BTW my other comment on the dash bar was just to let people know that it did happen after the update even though it was an easy fix.

Digikid1
Consultant

I have run into a few other people myself included where when you lock your room (Preferences-Edit-Lock/unlock) that everything in your room clears out and you are left with an empty room. Tonight I turned off the Beta test channel and received the current stable update. Restarted Oculus placed a few things in the room and everything worked fine. Glutton for punishment I turned the test channel back on, received the update, restarted Oculus, placed a few things locked the placement and everything stayed there. Went back a while later and the room was empty again. Anyone else having this issue? Sent a feedback report as I don't know how wide spread this is. BTW my other comment on the dash bar was just to let people know that it did happen after the update even though it was an easy fix.

Sounds like what happened to me. Look in the support forum for my thread. 

Wsterntime
Explorer

Digikid1 said:

Thanks for the reply, I have had no success in finding your thread. 😞  

Epona0000
Protege

Thmoas said:

This update did something to my dashboard. The screen is still at the right level but the board that you select items from such as Explore, settings, home, social etc is so high in the air now I can not reach it. I restarted everything yet it is still the same. Worked fine before this update.

You can grab it and move it down?

kzintzi said:

Zenbane said:

kzintzi said:

@Zenbane, just added a portal to your home1.

very cool :smile:

God help us all.

Just saw the Portal, it's awesome!

801i2b7voxml.jpg

I cordially invite anyone to make a Portal to my Home. Fair warning, this is my most common greeting:

bl9x2keun8ks.jpg

now all we need is more than 4 homes, and the ability to name them other than "Home#1/2/3/4".. I'm goingto sacrifice one of my homes to make it into a portal world or something; don't suppose anyone has a link to the doco on creating your own homes?

Woohoo... Now where's the Tower of Grayskull! 😉

sford52
Heroic Explorer

Digikid1 said:

Thanks for the reply, I have had no success in finding your thread. 😞  

https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/73769/home-has-been-robbed
ASUS ROG Strix GL702VS-AH73 17.3" Laptop.  I7-7700HQ, GTX1070, 12 GB DDR4 RAM, 500 EVO 970 GB SSD, VS 2017, Oculus rift, Windows 10 home

ElusiveMarlin
Rising Star
One thing I've noticed, and it is really apparent when using the Theater Home template, is that when you move around the home, the HMD view flashes bright white during the "teleport" move and then redraws the new position.  This is very jarring as the bright light causes pupil dilation and it takes a few seconds to re-adjust to the view once it has redrawn. so if you move around a lot it is very stressful on the eyes.

This has actually been happening since day 1, but as the "old" rooms were bright, there was no issue.
but as the Theater is very dark, it is now very noticeable.  is there a way to change the "in between position" colour to black?
RIFT CV1
RIFT S
Leeds, UK.

Intel Core i7 7700K 3.7GHz | RAM 32GB DDR4 2666MHz | GeForce GTX 1080 8GB |

"Behind every mask there is a face, and behind that a story...."

Anonymous
Not applicable
I don't bother PTC nowadays - but I had just found myself into the VR STORE (I usually use Desktop Store) and it takes time to transition. At first I thought it was a new Classic Home! Anyways - as I have NO NEED to use a Home. I'd just much prefer to be able to use only the VR STORE as my default load. It pisses me off having shit load up that I do not wish to see.
The VR STORE should be as an option instead to load always.

I've spent just 2 days in PokerStars and seriously, it's the best game out!
It really should be the model for a socialable Home!

ScottTX420
Honored Guest
I wish I could just turn off the home crap all together, it uses up memory and I'm sure hurts performance to some degree when gaming, in fact that's what I bought the rift for gaming, google vr you know actually doing vr stuff not messing around with some home and avatar crap that looks like it's for kids, no offense to anyone who uses it.  I don't mean to gripe so much but it bothers me the lack of options to optimize performance and turn off things you don't use.  Another one is no ability to disable screen mirroring to the desktop, even though oculus claims it doesn't hurt performance, I don't buy it, rendering to both the desktop and the rift at the same uses more power and could be one reason for intermittent black outs people get and of course degrades performance.