Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift 1.36 PTC Release Notes

OculusSupport
Oculus Community Manager
Oculus Community Manager
Home:
  • Sound Objects: Fill your Home with sound by placing new sound objects. Select from an initial pool of nature, sci-fi and other sounds to add effects and enhance your space. Sound Objects can be found in the audio section of your inventory.
  • Gateways: Create an easy link between your own Home and other Homes with a Gateway. Place anywhere in your Home to expand your space and connect different themed rooms or public Homes. Find Gateways in the Special Items section of your inventory.
  • Performance Improvements: Miscellaneous graphics updates for improved performance with medium and low settings across devices.

If you encounter any issues with this PTC software release, please be sure to report them using the Help Center > Provide Feedback option within the Oculus desktop software. Thanks for your continued help!
65 REPLIES 65

CircuitLord
Level 2
I'm not seeing any of the new objects in my inventory after the update. Tried opening a few lootboxes but didn't get any items that looked like that new stuff either. The "audio" tab in my inventory isn't there at all.

HotWasabiPeas
Level 4
Just received 1.36, and I STILL cannot see public homes. I can see public homes if I create a new account, but no public homes with my real account. Why??

Karmagedon
Level 3

Just received 1.36, and I STILL cannot see public homes. I can see public homes if I create a new account, but no public homes with my real account. Why??

I have had numerous issues like that when the other person is not on the same executable or update version. my friend is in my room but not is meshes. the thing is oculus is very poor at comunicating update and what they do and what to expect.. baby steps

HotWasabiPeas
Level 4

vavoum said:

I have had numerous issues like that when the other person is not on the same executable or update version.

I was talking about public homes, not friend's homes. The issue has nothing to do with "the other person".

To reiterate, if I create a new account, I can see a list of public homes. On my real account, I can only see the three example homes.

MAC_MAN86
Level 9
Please improve turning and allow 2 Touch Controllers to act as games do (just not Echo VR as that needs improving too!). I wonder if we can add sounds & music to our existing Homes? Provide us with a full character too.

Richooal
Level 12

I was talking about public homes, not friend's homes. The issue has nothing to do with "the other person".

To reiterate, if I create a new account, I can see a list of public homes. On my real account, I can only see the three example homes.

Same here, except I'm not going to be creating another account to troubleshoot this.
i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

TomCgcmfc
Level 16
OK, I tried 1.36 PTC earlier today.  I ran through a few games/apps, including Steam, Oculus, and independent sources.  All worked fine.  I did not notice any significant performance diffs.  

I have not tried the Dollhouse or music features since I don't use those anyway with my Bland BigCube Home.

https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/73506/looking-forward-to-new-feature-of-own-home-co...

So far, so good!
9 9900k, rtx3090, 32 Gb ram, 1tb ssd, 4tb hdd. xi hero wifi mb, 750w psu, Quest 2 w/Air Link, Vive Pro.

Wsterntime
Level 3
This update did something to my dashboard. The screen is still at the right level but the board that you select items from such as Explore, settings, home, social etc is so high in the air now I can not reach it. I restarted everything yet it is still the same. Worked fine before this update.

TomCgcmfc
Level 16

This update did something to my dashboard. The screen is still at the right level but the board that you select items from such as Explore, settings, home, social etc is so high in the air now I can not reach it. I restarted everything yet it is still the same. Worked fine before this update.

I did not see this problem with 1.36 PTC.  Not sure why you do?  Just grab it (you might need to stand up and/or start off in a sitting position to begin with) and drag it down and you should be ok.  This seemed to fix it ok for me with 1.35 after a couple of restarts.
9 9900k, rtx3090, 32 Gb ram, 1tb ssd, 4tb hdd. xi hero wifi mb, 750w psu, Quest 2 w/Air Link, Vive Pro.