Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift 1.36 PTC Release Notes

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager
Home:
  • Sound Objects: Fill your Home with sound by placing new sound objects. Select from an initial pool of nature, sci-fi and other sounds to add effects and enhance your space. Sound Objects can be found in the audio section of your inventory.
  • Gateways: Create an easy link between your own Home and other Homes with a Gateway. Place anywhere in your Home to expand your space and connect different themed rooms or public Homes. Find Gateways in the Special Items section of your inventory.
  • Performance Improvements: Miscellaneous graphics updates for improved performance with medium and low settings across devices.

If you encounter any issues with this PTC software release, please be sure to report them using the Help Center > Provide Feedback option within the Oculus desktop software. Thanks for your continued help!
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!
65 REPLIES 65

kojack
MVP
MVP

it uses up memory and I'm sure hurts performance to some degree when gaming

Home doesn't run when gaming, it shuts down first.

Another one is no ability to disable screen mirroring to the desktop

That's up to the game devs. Oculus doesn't have control of the window created by the game and they don't render into it. The game renders however it wants then submits a frame to the oculus runtime for display on the headset.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

Digikid1
Consultant
Or you can ...you know....turn the monitor off. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Not real fond of the warning one gets now if Touch Controllers are not activated.
I play a lot of non Touch games, mainly combat flight sims - and when I put headset on and Home starts I always have a warning in Home  that no Touch Controllers detected which stays there unless I activate them.

For a while they were always staying on even when put away, now that they finally turned off I get this.

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
You only need to activate one touch controller to get rid of that message bar.

For games/sims that don’t use touch controllers just start them up from either your Oculus desktop app library or from a shortcut on your windows desktop.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Anonymous
Not applicable

TomCgcmfc said:

For games/sims that don’t use touch controllers just start them up from either your Oculus desktop app library or from a shortcut on your windows desktop.

Does not matter, I start up from desktop  and still get the warning hovering in front of me in Oculus Home if Touch controllers are off.
This is new behavior.
Yes I can activate a Touch controller and get rid of it, but oftentimes prefer them to just stay off to conserve battery when not using in my game.

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

dburne said:

TomCgcmfc said:

Does not matter, I start up from desktop  and still get the warning hovering in front of me in Oculus Home if Touch controllers are off.
This is new behavior.
Yes I can activate a Touch controller and get rid of it, but oftentimes prefer them to just stay off to conserve battery when not using in my game.

If you just start up your non-touch game/sim from your Oculus Desktop App library or from a shortcut) the game should start ok and you will not see that warning banner until you exit the game and go back into Your Oculus Home.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Anonymous
Not applicable

TomCgcmfc said:

dburne said:

TomCgcmfc said:

This is new behavior.

If you just start up your non-touch game/sim from your Oculus Desktop App library or from a shortcut) the game should start ok and you will not see that warning banner until you exit the game and go back into Your Oculus Home.

Yes correct that is not a problem.
I just don't care for it always being there now in Oculus Home when my controllers are put away and not active. This is new behavior. 
I know they are not active, I don't need Oculus Home shoving a message in my face that they are not and I should enable them.

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
Not really sure why this bothers you?  It's not like you are using home without at least one controller active anyway.  At least that message means your controllers that you've put aside are actually off, lol!

Anonymous
Not applicable

TomCgcmfc said:

Not really sure why this bothers you?  It's not like you are using home without at least one controller active anyway.  At least that message means your controllers that you've put aside are actually off, lol!

Because it does...
😉

Epona0000
Protege

dburne said:

TomCgcmfc said:

This is new behavior.

I just invested in rechargeable batteries.. as it seems like i go through batteries pretty quick. I think it's more the buzzz' that drain the batteries.

On a separate vein, I still don't have a portal object in my inventory. Someone mentioned it's a rollout? Nice thing is now I can visit other homes (they show up now).