Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift 1.37 PTC Release Notes

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Home:

• Tutorial refresh: We've polished up the new user tutorial in Home to be more lightweight and dynamic, as well as offer rewards for completion. If you are not a new user and want to check it out, find it in your settings menu.
  • UI revamp: We've updated the user interface for a consistent look and feel, and to make navigation and browsing more intuitive.
  • Expressive Avatars Update: Avatars have been updated to simulate eye and mouth movement, making a simple conversation feel more dynamic. And with new outfits and customization options like eye color and lipstick, spending time with others in VR will feel more personal and authentic.

Dash:

• Screenshot capture in VR: Capture screenshots from inside your headset by pressing the 'screenshot' button located on the menu on the right side of your Dash belt. There is a 5 second timer to set the pose and position of the screenshot. Images will be saved out to your C:\Users\*User*\Pictures\ directory. Happy screenshotting!
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!
97 REPLIES 97

Anonymous
Not applicable
Expressive Avatars Update: Will PokerStarsVR, VRChat etc. all use these? If NO then why NOT?
No Voice Commands on this Media Device?

Anonymous
Not applicable
YUP, POKERSTARSVR has it! 😉

Richooal
Consultant

MAC_MAN86 said:

YUP, POKERSTARSVR has it! 😉

Wouldn't PokerStarsVR be the last place you'd want facial expression? The old avatars had perfect poker faces.
i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

ShocksVR
Superstar
Does 1.37 include the new ASW 2.0 update?

i7-7700k, Zotac RTX 3080 AMP Holo (10G), QuestPro, Quest 2
Previous: Oculus GO, Oculus RIFT - 3 sensor Room-scale, Oculus Rift S

xeno3d
Adventurer
Where is the new tutorial in the settings menu?

wzygrr
Protege
Thank you, appreciate that, really cool. Now, how about a couple of release dates?

xeno3d
Adventurer
I updated but my dash looks the same and there is no screenshot feature?

sirnumbskull
Honored Guest
Can't figure out which settings menu the new tutorial is in.  The one in dash?  The one on the desktop?  The one in my home menu (on the left controller)?

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

Looks to be the case but it is up to developers to implement this, otherwise it will revert back to ASW 1.0.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers