Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift 1.37 PTC Release Notes

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Home:

• Tutorial refresh: We've polished up the new user tutorial in Home to be more lightweight and dynamic, as well as offer rewards for completion. If you are not a new user and want to check it out, find it in your settings menu.
  • UI revamp: We've updated the user interface for a consistent look and feel, and to make navigation and browsing more intuitive.
  • Expressive Avatars Update: Avatars have been updated to simulate eye and mouth movement, making a simple conversation feel more dynamic. And with new outfits and customization options like eye color and lipstick, spending time with others in VR will feel more personal and authentic.

Dash:

• Screenshot capture in VR: Capture screenshots from inside your headset by pressing the 'screenshot' button located on the menu on the right side of your Dash belt. There is a 5 second timer to set the pose and position of the screenshot. Images will be saved out to your C:\Users\*User*\Pictures\ directory. Happy screenshotting!
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!
97 REPLIES 97

Anonymous
Not applicable
So now when I Sign Out/In Windows I get another 7 Games needing "Updated" so that's 9 now.
Even after I run the Updates only 5 of these clear each time. Oculus Download Management is broken and poorly implemented. Now got 5 that are stuck yet again just as before I did a complete OS install. 

I'd say this a Priority Fix ASAP to stop all DEV on anything else. Paying customers need their products!
LUCK'S TALE (can't even download/install as I deleted the older files)
RIPCOIL
ROBO RECALL
THE CLIMB
VIRTUAL DESKTOP

I try deleting "_oaf" folder but that has yet another copy of it and "xanalytics" in them again. I must then restart Oculus Setting Up Config but the problem never solves.

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
Digi, please do not feed the trolls.  Thanx
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Anonymous
Not applicable
Behave Tom!

Digikid1
Consultant

TomCgcmfc said:

Didgi, please do not feed the trolls.  Thanx

Didgi?  Who is Didgi?

sford52
Heroic Explorer
I've got a couple questions on the update cycle- I'm currently on 1.36.0.215623

Is there a way for me to know that the update has started to download?  I know I can check in the updates for games either in Notifications or Library->Updates, but I dont know how to check if the current rift update itself is scheduled, started, finished and installing.
Does Oculus window have to be running? I have the services running all the time, but do I need the window open for the update to be triggered?
Does the hardware (hdmi and 3 usb) need to be plugged in?
Is there a way to request the current version be updated? my laptop is normally on wifi but if I know something big is going to happen I can connect using LAN ethernet.
Thanks
ASUS ROG Strix GL702VS-AH73 17.3" Laptop.  I7-7700HQ, GTX1070, 12 GB DDR4 RAM, 500 EVO 970 GB SSD, VS 2017, Oculus rift, Windows 10 home

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
In order to get 1.37 right now you need to go to your Oculus pc app settings/beta tab and select the public test channel.  It should start downloading this almost immediately.  Go to your Oculus app library tab/Updates and you should see it’s download/install process.  There are 11 parts to download and it might take a while to complete.  I think mine took about 10-15 minutes to download, install, and restart.

If you want to go back to 1.36, prior to 1.37 going non test channel, just deselect the public test channel option and it will roll back to 1.36
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

sford52
Heroic Explorer
@TomCgcmfc - thanks, working like you said. I was under the mistaken impression 1.37 was rolling out to everyone, not just PTC. But, I did as you said, and it is downloading and does indeed show up in Library->Updates. Knowing beforehand (thanks to you) I am LAN connected and all is very good!  Thanks for your help
PS I Remembered to turn off virus protection  before doing it, and it seems the update wants to load some new drivers.

EDIT: O for cripes sake. I just reread the thread title, and note it says "PTC" in big bold letters. Not general release.  PTC.  Sheesh, whadda maroon. Sorry folks.
ASUS ROG Strix GL702VS-AH73 17.3" Laptop.  I7-7700HQ, GTX1070, 12 GB DDR4 RAM, 500 EVO 970 GB SSD, VS 2017, Oculus rift, Windows 10 home

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
Ya, looks like new headset firmware came with my 1.37ptc update.  All still working great for me.  Thanks Oculus.

fridoune
Honored Guest
The communication on the ASW 2.0 is quite strange
it seems to be an absolute great improvement for me with the PTC 1.37
unless all the games i've tested have been optimized since the last time i launch them, it's quite clear for me that ASW 2.0 is in action
config I5 GTX 1070 8go ram
Robo Recall all set to the max pixel density x2 + antialiasing and the game is fluid
same for Lone Echo and The Climb
Lucky's Tales is gorgeous now and blaze rush also
Big Screen Beta set to the max and i can watch 1080p 3d movies and HEVC x265 release
On steam Beat Saber with mods put on max with ease, Skyrim the same
Maybe i'm wrong but 1.37 is a blast as far as i'm concerned! ^^

ShowbizDonkey
Retired Support
Jumping in to shed a little additional light on ASW 2.0 for you all. ASW 2.0 functionality is enabled for all Rift users at this time - it is not dependent on a specific software version. We called out four apps in our blog post that currently utilize ASW 2.0 (Oculus Medium, Robo Recall, Red Matter, and Oculus Home / Dash). It is ultimately up individual developers as to whether or not they flip the switch for their app, but we're encouraging more devs to utilize the tech every day. As to the question of "how do I know if it's working," the best way to know if a game is using ASW 2.0 is to have the game open and then hit the Oculus button to bring up Dash. If the game or app stays rendered behind Dash, it's utilizing ASW 2.0. If you get the big white / grey grid instead, it is not. You should see an overall smoother experience with less reprojection artifacts in ASW 2.0 apps. I hope this information is helpful!