Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift 1.37 PTC Release Notes

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Home:

• Tutorial refresh: We've polished up the new user tutorial in Home to be more lightweight and dynamic, as well as offer rewards for completion. If you are not a new user and want to check it out, find it in your settings menu.
  • UI revamp: We've updated the user interface for a consistent look and feel, and to make navigation and browsing more intuitive.
  • Expressive Avatars Update: Avatars have been updated to simulate eye and mouth movement, making a simple conversation feel more dynamic. And with new outfits and customization options like eye color and lipstick, spending time with others in VR will feel more personal and authentic.

Dash:

• Screenshot capture in VR: Capture screenshots from inside your headset by pressing the 'screenshot' button located on the menu on the right side of your Dash belt. There is a 5 second timer to set the pose and position of the screenshot. Images will be saved out to your C:\Users\*User*\Pictures\ directory. Happy screenshotting!
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!
97 REPLIES 97

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
sford,  I think you will find it’s already finished and installed.  Most Oculus ptc incremental updates do not get reported installed in the notification tab.

Just look at your Oculus app library update tab and you should see it.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Anonymous
Not applicable

Anonymous
Not applicable
Now if this UPDATE does not fix the current (for over 3yrs now already) issue of Games Not Updating then they all need new jobs! If any personnel don't agree with this they need fired.

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

MAC_MAN86 said:

This!

MAC_MAN86 said:

Now if this UPDATE does not fix the current (for over 3yrs now already) issue of Games Not Updating then they all need new jobs! If any personnel don't agree with this they need fired.

Just more Mac-crap imho.  I have never had any updating problems.  I normally do not answer to any of Mac's posts.  Mainly because they are crap imho.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Anonymous
Not applicable
Tom you are an inciting idiot with your attacks. Why bother posting whilst others are here reporting problems. 

KlodsBrik
Expert Trustee
Chill dudes ... I love reading memes from both of you and would hate to see you get banned.
 Don't ruin my popcorn hours. 😞

Be good, die great !

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

KlodsBrik said:

Chill dudes ... I love reading memes from both of you and would hate to see you get banned.
 Don't ruin my popcorn hours. 😞

Ya we would all hate to miss out on all those entertaining MAC Asian women music videos, lol!

Seriously, I apologise and I'll try to be more tolerant to power-posters like MAC in the future.

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
I got another 1.37ptc update earlier today (May 1).  I think it's the 2nd ptc update.  At least I think it’s still ptc?  My first impression is that overall performance is down a wee bit.  In home my cpu usage is up ~3% and when I first start up I get a bit of screen and controller stutter.  Seems to settle down after a minute or two.  My initial view is that this update is not as stable as the previous one.  

I'd guess we will see a final/stable version of 1.33 prior to Rift-S deliveries. 

Edit/Update;  Seems to be settling down now with just a hint of stutter when home starts up.  Also, prior to this I had just gotten a new 3rd sensor (direct from Oculus w/usb 2.0 extension cable) and my Laptop's limited USB bandwidth capacity was having a hard time with it.  I removed/uninstalled the 3rd sensor and this clawed back most of any performance losses and significantly reduced any start up stuttering.  

So for now my nice new 3rd sensor is only useful as a spare.  Probably will be useful if one of my original ones fail, lol!

RattyUK
Trustee
@TomCgcmfc  - do you have a powered USB hub to plug in for your laptop?  It may just be a USB power issue.
PC info: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - Sapphire 7900XTX - 32GB DDR4 4000 - 3 NVMe + 3SATA SSD - Quest 2 & 3

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

RattyUK said:

@TomCgcmfc  - do you have a powered USB hub to plug in for your laptop?  It may just be a USB power issue.

Thanks Ratty, I already have a 4 port powered usb 3.0 hub.  It's actually part of my Alienware Graphics Amplifier (AGA) w/gtx1080ti gpu.  I just plug in 2x sensors into it.  I plug my Rift into a laptop usb 3.0 and it's hdmi into the AGA's gtx1080ti.  All this works great.  

I've tried the 3rd sensor (with stock usb 2.0 cable) into all the diff usb ports (AGA  and laptop, including usb-c 3.1 w/adapter) and it did not seem to make any difference.  It connects fine but my tracking is not always as good with it in operation.  Also, When I am in home I occasionally get a bit of stuttering and when I check task manager it seems to be taking up an additional ~3-4% CPU usage.

I don't think it's a power issue, probably a bandwidth limitation that is typical with most Laptops.  I really don't play any room scale games anyway so it's not a real problem.  I just thought I'd try out a 3rd sensor for fun.  At least I now have a spare sensor, lol!