cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift 1.38 Release Rolling Out Now

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager
The latest Rift system software v1.38 is beginning to roll out, and we wanted to take a moment to share an update on our development progress. This release contains a number of fixes for issues that some Rift S users reported, most notably a reduction in black screen occurrences and improvements to audio quality. Over the course of the 1.38 PTC, we released 3 additional stability updates to the software. These updates were directly informed by the feedback we received from the community members who opted into the PTC. Thank you so much for all your help, and please continue to utilize the Help Center > Provide Feedback option within the Oculus desktop software. Please note that 1.38 does not resolve all reported Rift S issues as some are still being investigated and debugged, including the white / static flashing issue and sporadic instances of tracking loss. Our team greatly appreciates your patience while we work on these outstanding issues. We will continue to share updates with the community as we have them. Thank you!

Oculus Home:

• You can now rename your Homes! In the details page for any of your own Homes, there is now an edit icon next to the Home name that will bring up a VR keyboard. Express yourself with a brand new Home name that will be reflected in recommendations, gateways, and friends' Places lists.
  • We've made it easier to manage items. You can now easily relocate items directly from the inventory menu to move or reposition them. We've also reduced download sizes for faster item delivery.
  • We've polished up the presentation of Homes in our menus to be much faster and more intuitive.

Rift S:

• Updated audio driver to improve Rift S audio quality.
  • Updated firmware to reduce occurrence of display issues.
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!
258 REPLIES 258

Anonymous
Not applicable
@OculusSupport OK but tell us is the Audio always going to be Limited to about 1/2 volume it could have?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Will you: -
ADD STRAFE IN HOME?  700 Votes in UserVoice got deleted OR User closed account waiting 4yrs!
ADD AN ONLINE FRIENDS LOBBY
ideally the STORE?
BATTERY POWER OFF STATE FOR TOUCH or do these always stay ON to detect the Button Press to AWAKE?
AUDIO VOLUME GO HIGHER by removing Limiter from 50% Threshold to only Peaks at 100% as designed to?
ADD KEY BIND FOR PASS-THROUGH MODE? (not only a Touch Button)
ADD A MIX PASS-THROUGH OVERLAY FEATURE? (like WMR which is better to find drinks on the desk)
SAY IS THE FACE GUARD WASHABLE AND LASTS YEARS OF USE?
USE COMMON SENSE IN GOOD DESIGN?
MAKE ALL OCULUS TASKS STOP WHEN CLOSING APP?
MAKE THIS FORUM'S SUPPORT SECTION OFFICIAL AND PROVIDE GOOD HELP?

ShowbizDonkey
Retired Support
Hey @MAC_MAN86 - I love your passion for providing feedback, but it would be great if we could keep this thread focused on 1.38 rather than all of those ideas / feature requests. Those suggestions are much better suited for UserVoice / discussion in their own threads. Thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable
It just gets ignored which I why we end up getting nowhere I'm afraid. No Strafe after years of crying for it and is after all how we move in life and Games follow suit. I feel badly let down by the DEVs frankly.

Galaxy366
Honored Guest
How will this update roll out? Will the Oculus software prompt me for an update or can I manually let it check?

First time owning a Oculus, so bit new to me!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Galaxy366 said:

How will this update roll out? Will the Oculus software prompt me for an update or can I manually let it check?

First time owning a Oculus, so bit new to me!

You will get it automatically over the course of the next few days. Assuming you have it set for that in the settings menu.

DeliriumBlades
Protege
well.....they haven't fixed the white flashing yet as mentioned....that's really my only issue that I cant stand...hope they figure it out soon or i send it back and wait...dunno what to do just yet. still have a few weeks

Anonymous
Not applicable
@ShowbizDonkey / @OculusSupport , I had just moved USB cable from 3.1Gen2 to the USB C with Adapter which lost colour in the Outside Ship parts of Elite. In fixing it again which worked for 30secs then went colourless again!, I did a SETUP REPAIR and honestly the Install Progress Bar is SHITE! I had to stare at it for over 10mins even after Downloading! 
An Install Progress Bar's job is to tell us just that...how much is left until it completes.
The Oculus method is based upon the Windows Loading Screen Dots idea but using a constant moving bar.
It is shit!
THAT NEEDS A FIX IN 1.38 because it is utterly bad design yet again!

Crazy-Canuck
Explorer
Rift CV1
After today's update I still get the entire screen moving as my head turns. It seems to stick then move as well.  This only started to happen since the recent updates.