cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift 1.38 Release Rolling Out Now

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager
The latest Rift system software v1.38 is beginning to roll out, and we wanted to take a moment to share an update on our development progress. This release contains a number of fixes for issues that some Rift S users reported, most notably a reduction in black screen occurrences and improvements to audio quality. Over the course of the 1.38 PTC, we released 3 additional stability updates to the software. These updates were directly informed by the feedback we received from the community members who opted into the PTC. Thank you so much for all your help, and please continue to utilize the Help Center > Provide Feedback option within the Oculus desktop software. Please note that 1.38 does not resolve all reported Rift S issues as some are still being investigated and debugged, including the white / static flashing issue and sporadic instances of tracking loss. Our team greatly appreciates your patience while we work on these outstanding issues. We will continue to share updates with the community as we have them. Thank you!

Oculus Home:

• You can now rename your Homes! In the details page for any of your own Homes, there is now an edit icon next to the Home name that will bring up a VR keyboard. Express yourself with a brand new Home name that will be reflected in recommendations, gateways, and friends' Places lists.
  • We've made it easier to manage items. You can now easily relocate items directly from the inventory menu to move or reposition them. We've also reduced download sizes for faster item delivery.
  • We've polished up the presentation of Homes in our menus to be much faster and more intuitive.

Rift S:

• Updated audio driver to improve Rift S audio quality.
  • Updated firmware to reduce occurrence of display issues.
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!
258 REPLIES 258

ShocksVR
Superstar

Digikid1 said:

MAC_MAN86 said:

Surely they...seriously...that would be highly illegal! @ShowbizDonkey what ya reckon mate?

Search the forums.  There are stories about it.

That said....I ran 1.38 with Windows 10 1903 and it seems to work just fine.

Big exception here being Rift S is probably still too new to send out refurbished units back to those making an exchange.
i7-7700k, Zotac RTX 3080 AMP Holo (10G), QuestPro, Quest 2
Previous: Oculus GO, Oculus RIFT - 3 sensor Room-scale, Oculus Rift S

Anonymous
Not applicable
OK I tried reinstalling Oculus totally and nothing even after trying all possible combos of DP & HDMI>DP Adapter even for Monitor. When I go to Returns on Amazon all it offers me to do is get a REFUND!
I would like a Replacement ASAP.
Only way is to REFUND then REBUY! WTF????

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_gt_pt_reityoor?nodeId=201824330

Dr_Hippo404
Honored Guest
Just posting here to say I'm also having this issue still, with the Oculus software not being able to finish the installation.

LILxJACKAL
Explorer
https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/c24aq2/fix_for_the_137_138_install_freezing/

Here you go guys ! this worked for me . I've been losing my mind since last Thursday , repairing did nothing . Always stuck at 99% did every possible work around but this actually worked. If this works share this with everyone who's stuck on 99%.

tyocks
Honored Guest
Hi all, I have a new system built just for VR, everything was working fine until the latest update, now everytime the software recognizes

the headset (once the USB is plugged in) my system crashes.  It did not do this prior to the update.  I have, at the instructions from support, uninstalled and reinstalled the software and updated my drivers.  Still get a black screen once the unit is recognized on the software.  Anyone else having this issue?

Deh_
Protege

tyocks said:

Hi all, I have a new system built just for VR, everything was working fine until the latest update, now everytime the software recognizes

the headset (once the USB is plugged in) my system crashes.  It did not do this prior to the update.  I have, at the instructions from support, uninstalled and reinstalled the software and updated my drivers.  Still get a black screen once the unit is recognized on the software.  Anyone else having this issue?

Yes, I'm getting the same as you. My oculus software just updated and now I get a black screen, sound works, but no image.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hmm should I be sending mine back now I've already commissioned a Return. With totally fuck all response from Oculus on here...they can have it back and I'll just keep an eye on whenever issues are cleared up on here!
Fucking useless honestly.

1 Month of us Testing - reckless.

Koiz
Honored Guest
Any fix for this planned? It happens in both the Rift S and Quest got worse with the new updates...

https://www.reddit.com/r/OculusQuest/comments/bx0lio/controller_tracking_issue_with_slow_and_subtle/

Lethal_Aims
Adventurer

MAC_MAN86 said:

Hmm should I be sending mine back now I've already commissioned a Return.

Sorry to hear your’s is going back. You certainly put up a good fight!

Looking across these forums, there seem to be so many different issues and moving parts that it is difficult for people to find a solution themselves. Might be a genuine hardware problem with the headset which will only be resolved by a replacement. Might be a hardware compatibility issue with  particular PC; USB, graphics, cable extensions, etc. Might be a software configuration issue with the operating system or other software on the system. Oculus Support are next to useless and after 7 days ask if you have tried turning it off and back on again. People then tie themselves in knots by trying all manner of different fixes they find on the Internet.

I can absolutely see why Oculus are changing direction towards devices like the Quest. It is much simpler for them to support a discreet “black box” on a standardised platform.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Right now it feels like sabotage! Else they would simply Roll back like a good company would. Welcome to the Chinese Trade War? It's very interesting to read the comments below in this article even from Chinese and the facts of where they profit from most and history of backdoor hacks is all too apparent!
https://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/3062798/lenovo-boss-were-not-a-chinese-company