Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift 1.39 Release Rolling Out Now

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Dash

• From the Dash Settings panel, you can now set your Passthrough+ session length to “unlimited,” which will allow you to see your real-world environment while using Dash.
  • Guardian setup will now attempt to automatically detect the floor height for you. You can still manually adjust the height if needed.
  • When using the virtual desktop feature in Dash, the virtual keyboard will now automatically open when you select a text field.

Oculus Home

• Your Home UI now includes a history of the Homes you’ve visited in the Places UI section. Homes you’ve visited in the last 30 days can be visited again with a quick button press. You can clear out your history or opt out entirely in the Settings UI.
  • Never miss a Home reward pack again! Updated notifications now let you know when you have a reward ready to open. Also, notifications in Home have been redesigned to make things easier to read and understand.
  • Now you can use Home gateways to load directly into your favorite app. In addition to setting up destination gateways to your own home and your friends' homes, you can now set up an app as a destination and use it as a simple and quick way to get into your favorite experiences.
  • Home now features a camera, accessible straight from the Home Menu. Look on the bottom for the camera icon, and open the camera to capture your favorite moments in your Homes or Homes you're visiting. Take selfies, or screenshots, and find these images in your Documents/OculusHome/Camera folder.

Touch Controllers

We’ve made performance improvements to better track your Touch controller movements in VR. These updates, which are also applicable for Oculus Quest, include:
  • Improved tracking when controllers are close to the headset, and at angles turned away from the headset.
  • Improved tracking in difficult poses such as under-hand throwing motion.
  • Reduced re-acquisition time when controller tracking is lost.
  • You can now use both of your Touch controllers at the same time when interacting with different elements like the keyboard, Oculus Store, and Library.

Fixes

• Fixed an issue where Dash could crash if you had non-ASCII characters in your username.

As always, if you encounter any issues with this software release, please be sure to report them using the Help Center > Provide Feedback option within the Oculus desktop software. If you have any feature requests or suggestions to make the Oculus software even better, please head over to our UserVoice page to share your feedback. Thanks for your continued help!
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!
125 REPLIES 125

Richooal
Consultant

Fangzhou said:

I did not get any notification for update, is that means the 1.39 Release is the same as 1.39.0.268010 PTC? 
Please no, the 
1.39.0.268010 is very buggy. All of static flashes, black screen this kind of bugs remains; the controller tracking improvement of the first 1.39 PTC version was downgraded; and brings new bugs, such as USB warning, microphone noise problems and controller drifting problems. 
Please tell me that Oculus will not use this buggy version as release version.
Or maybe Oculus just want to use the bugs to annoy users, for fun?

History repeats itself. The bugs are never fixed before the release goes public.

i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Fangzhou said:

I did not get any notification for update, is that means the 1.39 Release is the same as 1.39.0.268010 PTC? 
Please no, the 
1.39.0.268010 is very buggy. All of static flashes, black screen this kind of bugs remains; the controller tracking improvement of the first 1.39 PTC version was downgraded; and brings new bugs, such as USB warning, microphone noise problems and controller drifting problems. 
Please tell me that Oculus will not use this buggy version as release version.
Or maybe Oculus just want to use the bugs to annoy users, for fun?

The static flashes have already been acknowledged by Oculus and they have stated a fix is in the works but would not make it in the 1.39 release. Hopefully it will be soon.
I have not necessarily noticed a degradation of tracking in latest 1.39, but may be due to the type of games I play.
USB warning - agree they really need to get that fixed, especially for new users that may not be aware it means nothing.
Black screens, in my case I finally found after much troubleshooting if I disabled my secondary monitor and only have monitor 1 running during Rift S use, I do not get them. I am probably in the minority on this, so other causes I am sure exist.
I would certainly like to be able to run both monitors while in VR like I could with Rift CV1. Hopefully the info they get from users who do use the submit feedback feature will help.

synthkid
Explorer
How do i get the latest update on m yrift ? i am on 1.38 .

Anonymous
Not applicable
1.39 release is rolling out to public now, usually rollout can take up to 3-4 days for everyone to get it.
Alternatively you might can select the Public Test Channel in the Beta tab, and it might go ahead and download right away still.

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
It's automatically rolled out by region.  I normally get it within 5-7 days after it is announced.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

vonskie
Explorer
Awesome now maybe the 1.40 version will roll out to PTC with the promised white static flash fix..

My guess is the cable is to long as display port is rated at 3 meters and the cable is longer than that but who knows.

DARTHVRNET
Explorer
Could you please fix the moving scanlines of the screen?

ProfessorGoodfe
Honored Guest
I am using a Rift S.
Games are literally impossible to play after this update. Any kind of haptic feedback or vibration causes the tracking to stop in any game that uses more than a tiny amount of haptic. I had reverted from PTC cause of these issues and upon updating today, I had hoped that this glaring issue would of been fixed before public release. 

ShocksVR
Superstar

I am using a Rift S.
Games are literally impossible to play after this update. Any kind of haptic feedback or vibration causes the tracking to stop in any game that uses more than a tiny amount of haptic. I had reverted from PTC cause of these issues and upon updating today, I had hoped that this glaring issue would of been fixed before public release. 

Sorry to hear those issues.  I'm assuming no one reported those issue and thus they didn't get fixed.

Best way to report bugs you experience in the PTC is through the Feedback form on the desktop app. Also be sure to include your logs ("Include System Info") as to help pinpoint the issue.

hycl9y7oa5x7.png
i7-7700k, Zotac RTX 3080 AMP Holo (10G), QuestPro, Quest 2
Previous: Oculus GO, Oculus RIFT - 3 sensor Room-scale, Oculus Rift S

ShowbizDonkey
Retired Support

I am using a Rift S.

Also worth opening up a ticket with our support team to investigate if you haven't done so already. You can dp so here: ocul.us/contact