Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift 1.39 Release Rolling Out Now

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Dash

• From the Dash Settings panel, you can now set your Passthrough+ session length to “unlimited,” which will allow you to see your real-world environment while using Dash.
  • Guardian setup will now attempt to automatically detect the floor height for you. You can still manually adjust the height if needed.
  • When using the virtual desktop feature in Dash, the virtual keyboard will now automatically open when you select a text field.

Oculus Home

• Your Home UI now includes a history of the Homes you’ve visited in the Places UI section. Homes you’ve visited in the last 30 days can be visited again with a quick button press. You can clear out your history or opt out entirely in the Settings UI.
  • Never miss a Home reward pack again! Updated notifications now let you know when you have a reward ready to open. Also, notifications in Home have been redesigned to make things easier to read and understand.
  • Now you can use Home gateways to load directly into your favorite app. In addition to setting up destination gateways to your own home and your friends' homes, you can now set up an app as a destination and use it as a simple and quick way to get into your favorite experiences.
  • Home now features a camera, accessible straight from the Home Menu. Look on the bottom for the camera icon, and open the camera to capture your favorite moments in your Homes or Homes you're visiting. Take selfies, or screenshots, and find these images in your Documents/OculusHome/Camera folder.

Touch Controllers

We’ve made performance improvements to better track your Touch controller movements in VR. These updates, which are also applicable for Oculus Quest, include:
  • Improved tracking when controllers are close to the headset, and at angles turned away from the headset.
  • Improved tracking in difficult poses such as under-hand throwing motion.
  • Reduced re-acquisition time when controller tracking is lost.
  • You can now use both of your Touch controllers at the same time when interacting with different elements like the keyboard, Oculus Store, and Library.

Fixes

• Fixed an issue where Dash could crash if you had non-ASCII characters in your username.

As always, if you encounter any issues with this software release, please be sure to report them using the Help Center > Provide Feedback option within the Oculus desktop software. If you have any feature requests or suggestions to make the Oculus software even better, please head over to our UserVoice page to share your feedback. Thanks for your continued help!
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!
125 REPLIES 125

sraura
Heroic Explorer
Fingers crossed...

Yea I downloaded the new PTC version too... Patch notes say that it is 1.38.1 but actually it is version 1.39.0.272909

It updated firmware from Rift S (not from touch controllers).

Also for me it brought up the "usb driver update recommended"-warning, which I didn't have on previous PTC release*. Other ways seem to start up and light up fine... Can't say much more yet.

*) fixed after turning off the computer (plain reboot didn't do the trick).

RattyUK
Trustee

Digikid1 said:

RattyUK said:

@rayperenia: me too. No service......checking status of my Oculus app..."restart Computer"...blabla.
@RattyUK: does that mean, i cant use my Oculus rift any longer due of using win 7 ??
I think @MAC_MAN86 had actual experience - by pinging him hopefully he'll drop by and give a response.

He got banned thankfully. 

Yes you need to drop that dinosaur of a buggy OS and go with Windows 10. 

I thought he'd been a bit quiet recently...

I got a 48 hour ban from the Frontier (ED) forum recently for a facetious post...
PC info: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - Sapphire 7900XTX - 32GB DDR4 4000 - 3 NVMe + 3SATA SSD - Quest 2 & 3

Digikid1
Consultant
FInally got around to testing this new update with my Rift CV1.  Tracking is wonky as heck at times in In Death.  Shield and bow will go nuts half the time.

Richooal
Consultant

Digikid1 said:

FInally got around to testing this new update with my Rift CV1.  Tracking is wonky as heck at times in In Death.  Shield and bow will go nuts half the time.

So now they're sacrificing CV1 stability in favour of Rift S?
i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

Digikid1
Consultant

Richooal said:

Digikid1 said:

So now they're sacrificing CV1 stability in favour of Rift S?

Maybe. Tomorrow I will recalibrate them and see what happens. 

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

Digikid1 said:

I don't seem to have any cv1 controller problems with 1.39.  I find ToyBox and Merry Snowballs are both good tests for me and these continue to work fine.  Much better than my Rift S (now returned/refunded).
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

LameDuckWarrior
Heroic Explorer
Controllers are still draining very fast. The "update usb" is still present after doing the uninstall in safe mode fix twice now with 1903 installed already with all updates. Left headset unplugged on each reinstall and turned off all background apps as well. I am assuming Oculus is aware and working on it. 

Sektan
Honored Guest
From tomorrow I cant run my Oculus SW. I have Oculus Rift. Oculus APP still show error and repair but repair cant be finished, still error. What's happening?
I working on VR game and I cant work!

dmkvrt
Explorer
Update 1.39 with firmware 1.8 (and PTC firmware 1.8.1) broke my Rift S. It is not recognized and constantly asking for firmware update. Tried on 2 different computers. Sent several full logs to support (I created a ticket) but honestly tired following multiple trivial and useless advises from support like uninstall, reinstall, delete folders, reset cable etc. 
I was even asked to send a picture of back of my computer.

poyomaru
Honored Guest
After the update I can no longer play any of the boxing vr games on my oculus. This problem exists for all other games as well but affects the boxing games the most. The tracking for the hooks or swings do not register 80% of the time. Please fix this asap or at least let us roll back on the update because this has rendered the oculus useless. If this update isn't fixed, I will make sure to generate hundreds of negative reviews on Amazon along with my boxing buddies that I introduce the oculus to!