Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift 1.39 Release Rolling Out Now

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Dash

• From the Dash Settings panel, you can now set your Passthrough+ session length to “unlimited,” which will allow you to see your real-world environment while using Dash.
  • Guardian setup will now attempt to automatically detect the floor height for you. You can still manually adjust the height if needed.
  • When using the virtual desktop feature in Dash, the virtual keyboard will now automatically open when you select a text field.

Oculus Home

• Your Home UI now includes a history of the Homes you’ve visited in the Places UI section. Homes you’ve visited in the last 30 days can be visited again with a quick button press. You can clear out your history or opt out entirely in the Settings UI.
  • Never miss a Home reward pack again! Updated notifications now let you know when you have a reward ready to open. Also, notifications in Home have been redesigned to make things easier to read and understand.
  • Now you can use Home gateways to load directly into your favorite app. In addition to setting up destination gateways to your own home and your friends' homes, you can now set up an app as a destination and use it as a simple and quick way to get into your favorite experiences.
  • Home now features a camera, accessible straight from the Home Menu. Look on the bottom for the camera icon, and open the camera to capture your favorite moments in your Homes or Homes you're visiting. Take selfies, or screenshots, and find these images in your Documents/OculusHome/Camera folder.

Touch Controllers

We’ve made performance improvements to better track your Touch controller movements in VR. These updates, which are also applicable for Oculus Quest, include:
  • Improved tracking when controllers are close to the headset, and at angles turned away from the headset.
  • Improved tracking in difficult poses such as under-hand throwing motion.
  • Reduced re-acquisition time when controller tracking is lost.
  • You can now use both of your Touch controllers at the same time when interacting with different elements like the keyboard, Oculus Store, and Library.

Fixes

• Fixed an issue where Dash could crash if you had non-ASCII characters in your username.

As always, if you encounter any issues with this software release, please be sure to report them using the Help Center > Provide Feedback option within the Oculus desktop software. If you have any feature requests or suggestions to make the Oculus software even better, please head over to our UserVoice page to share your feedback. Thanks for your continued help!
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!
125 REPLIES 125

Spi3lot
Explorer
Please fix the tracking, I've lost so many scores in Beat Saber that I can't even count them. The tracking since 1.39 is very shit.

ShocksVR
Superstar

Spi3lot said:

Please fix the tracking, I've lost so many scores in Beat Saber that I can't even count them. The tracking since 1.39 is very shit.

Specify which headset you have.
Also:
  • Fillout a feedback form (so you can upload your logs and give actionable feedback, rather than "fix it").
  • Or contact Oculus Support and upload logs that way.

hhptexarop5g.png

i7-7700k, Zotac RTX 3080 AMP Holo (10G), QuestPro, Quest 2
Previous: Oculus GO, Oculus RIFT - 3 sensor Room-scale, Oculus Rift S

ShowbizDonkey
Retired Support
UPDATE 7/29/19: For those Windows 7 users who have been having issues since receiving the 1.39 update, the 1.39 hotfix is now live for all users (not just PTC) and should correct the Windows 7 compatibility issue as well in addition to the static flashing behavior. If you have not already received the hotfix, please perform a repair install of the Oculus software to grab it. On the off chance that the repair install does not remedy the situation, uninstalling the Oculus software, downloading the latest Oculus setup executable from Oculus.com, and performing a fresh install should resolve the issue.

As a reminder, we updated the minimum spec for the Oculus software to Windows 10 last year. We strongly encourage all Windows 7 users to upgrade to Windows 10 as soon as possible to prevent future compatibility issues and enable full Rift and Rift S functionality.

If you encounter any further issues, please be sure to utilize the help center > provide feedback option within the Oculus software and/or contact customer support. Thanks!

inovator
Consultant
I don't understand why anyone would use windows 7 with a program like oculus that is optimized for Windows 10. 

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
My Oculus app auto updated to 1.39.1 earlier today.  I only found this out when I started up my Oculus app later in the day.  Total cv1 headset blackscreen, lol!  I tried a reset but this did not help.  Disconnected/reconnected cv1 hdmi and usb and this did not help.

I finally fixed it by manually reinstalling the oculus drivers.  Seems to be working ok now.  I guess I gotta lay some blame to those few pesky win7 users, lol!
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

info-2
Explorer
if you dont use a sensor or a monitor (i use optitrack for tracking) this update breaks everything. Floor level all wrong and selection spot in wrong place. ARRGGGH. Please let us go back to the previous software. 

TragicDelight
Protege

inovator said:

I don't understand why anyone would use windows 7 with a program like oculus that is optimized for Windows 10. 

took the words from my cerebellum.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Any word as to when you are going to fix the black screen issue that may be related to your username windows login?  (where special characters may be affecting the rift S from working at all).  Ever since the windows 10 update two weeks ago, my rift S wont turn on.  I sent in a ticket and after trying everything they said, they moved it up to a higher level and I have not heard anything since.  Was just wondering if they are working on this....  my is dead in the water on my main user account and its getting annoying not to be able to play.  I am waiting, but no news as to if they are even working on this.  Last time I asked, they just said it takes time...  Im okay with waiting, but would at least like to know if they have identified this as a problem that they have seen and are working on it at least.....  so far, no information at all...….

Richooal
Consultant

Vortimous said:

Any word as to when you are going to fix the black screen issue that may be related to your username windows login?  (where special characters may be affecting the rift S from working at all).

This was in the original post ................

Fixes

• Fixed an issue where Dash could crash if you had non-ASCII characters in your username.
Is that what you mean?

i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Richooal said:

Vortimous said:

Any word as to when you are going to fix the black screen issue that may be related to your username windows login?  (where special characters may be affecting the rift S from working at all).

This was in the original post ................

Fixes

Is that what you mean?

It sounds like it, but it didn't fix the problem.  Mine doesn't crash in the Dash, it wont even come on anymore when you place the headset on.  I know it works and it has been working since Day 1.  But once that windows update happened, I get the usb needs updateing false error AND it wont turn on.  I get two notifications.  One says Oculus isn't working correctly, please click here for support articles (which do nothing) and the other notification says Some features of the Oculus platform may be temporarily unavailable, if the issue persists, contact support.  Both these errors (along with the USB) happened the minute I did the latest windows 10 update.  It has not worked on my main windows user account since.  I just want to know if support is even working or has heard of this issue...