Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift 1.39 Release Rolling Out Now

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Dash

• From the Dash Settings panel, you can now set your Passthrough+ session length to “unlimited,” which will allow you to see your real-world environment while using Dash.
  • Guardian setup will now attempt to automatically detect the floor height for you. You can still manually adjust the height if needed.
  • When using the virtual desktop feature in Dash, the virtual keyboard will now automatically open when you select a text field.

Oculus Home

• Your Home UI now includes a history of the Homes you’ve visited in the Places UI section. Homes you’ve visited in the last 30 days can be visited again with a quick button press. You can clear out your history or opt out entirely in the Settings UI.
  • Never miss a Home reward pack again! Updated notifications now let you know when you have a reward ready to open. Also, notifications in Home have been redesigned to make things easier to read and understand.
  • Now you can use Home gateways to load directly into your favorite app. In addition to setting up destination gateways to your own home and your friends' homes, you can now set up an app as a destination and use it as a simple and quick way to get into your favorite experiences.
  • Home now features a camera, accessible straight from the Home Menu. Look on the bottom for the camera icon, and open the camera to capture your favorite moments in your Homes or Homes you're visiting. Take selfies, or screenshots, and find these images in your Documents/OculusHome/Camera folder.

Touch Controllers

We’ve made performance improvements to better track your Touch controller movements in VR. These updates, which are also applicable for Oculus Quest, include:
  • Improved tracking when controllers are close to the headset, and at angles turned away from the headset.
  • Improved tracking in difficult poses such as under-hand throwing motion.
  • Reduced re-acquisition time when controller tracking is lost.
  • You can now use both of your Touch controllers at the same time when interacting with different elements like the keyboard, Oculus Store, and Library.

Fixes

• Fixed an issue where Dash could crash if you had non-ASCII characters in your username.

As always, if you encounter any issues with this software release, please be sure to report them using the Help Center > Provide Feedback option within the Oculus desktop software. If you have any feature requests or suggestions to make the Oculus software even better, please head over to our UserVoice page to share your feedback. Thanks for your continued help!
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!
125 REPLIES 125

Anonymous
Not applicable

Wildt said:

RuneSR2 said:

Didn't experience any problems with my CV1 tracking, tested a few games, all seemed normal. 

You're just too old and slow to move the controllers fast enough to provoke the symptom. :naughty:

It's also a somewhat specific movement. Moving very quickly from side to side for me won't always cause the controller freeze. But adding a little bit of twist to the quick back and forth will always cause it. This kind of movement is common in Beat Saber or if you're trying to quickly throwing something overhand, for example.

But yeah, I went through reinstalling my Sensor drivers and re-running Rift setup and still have the problem. C'mon Oculus!

Wildt
Consultant
I get it in Audica as well, hitting the disco balls. On some maps you have to be pretty quick, and I tend to do a snappy little wrist flick. 
PCVR: CV1 || 4 sensors || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3
PSVR: PS4 Pro || Move Controllers || Aim controller
WMR: HP Reverb

JayDeeVA
Honored Guest

Wildt said:

I get it in Audica as well, hitting the disco balls. On some maps you have to be pretty quick, and I tend to do a snappy little wrist flick. 

Exactly, flicking your wrist very quickly is easily the best way to replicate it for anyone who says they don't see an issue.

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
As fast as I can move both touch controllers diagonally while rotating and flicking my wrists I cannot see this issue with 1.39.1. with  my Rift cv1.

Maybe because I am only using 2x sensors without extensions and use a star tech 4 port 4 controller usb3 sata powered pcie card for sensors and cv1 headset?

Also, maybe because I'm an old fart I cannot move fast enough, lol!
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Digikid1
Consultant

TomCgcmfc said:

As fast as I can move both touch controllers diagonally while rotating and flicking my wrists I cannot see this issue with 1.39.1. with  my Rift cv1.

Maybe because I am only using 2x sensors without extensions and use a star tech 4 port 4 controller usb3 sata powered pcie card for sensors and cv1 headset?

I have the exact same setup. Still happens. 

I do have one usb active extension 

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

Digikid1 said:

TomCgcmfc said:

I have the exact same setup. Still happens. 

I do have one usb active extension 

Can you get this to happen within your Oculus Home?  If you can there probably is an Oculus issue.  Otherwise, it could be a game-related issue, esp. if you have any unofficial game mods installed.  Just a thought.

If you think cv1 tracking is worse with 1.39.1 then you should def contact oculus support and start a ticket.  That's about the only way they will know that many guys are seeing this tracking issue imho.  Good luck and cheers.

Edit; ok you added the note about having one usb active extension before I finished my note.  Does this still happen if you remove the extension?
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Richooal
Consultant
I thought I should add my CV1 experience too. So far, no change to my tracking.
However, my setup is minimally different to @TomCgcmfc and @Digikid1

I use completely standard USB ports on my Motherboard for my 3 sensor and HMD setup.  I have one 2 meter extension on my front left sensor, and an active 5 meter extension on my rear sensor. The front sensors are at 2.3 meters above ground and rear at 1.7 meters.
I don't run anything other than standard Oculus Software. (no steam vr, no tray tools, etc)

i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

john_skeoch
Honored Guest
Hi all, 

(RIFT S) Since updating to 1.39 the tracking is generally better, but I find when I bring two controllers up to arm's length in front of me, the two controllers appear to interfere with each other. For example, if I move the left slowly up and down the right will track that movement and match it, if I then move the right again after a second it snaps back to place. Similarly, if I move the right controller while keeping the left stationery the movement will lag and take a second to snap into place like the controller is going into a low power state.

this only appears to happen with slow movement (bow, iron sights rifles) and when the two controllers are within 5 inches of each other, NOTE not occluding each other.  

I would also suggest this seems to happen when the controllers are tilted forward, so the ring is in full view. I tested it with the grip down and the problem seemed mostly absent.

UPDATE: 
Ok, I did some more testing, it seems to center around the way I hold the touch controllers. 
If you hold the controllers so your hands appear upright in Oculus Home you don't experience any tracking issues, however if you tilt the touch controllers forward, and in Oculus Home your hands are effectively pointing away from you. You will know if you are emulating this as you will see into our VR wrists. That's when the tracking goes wild, which seems strange as more of the ring is visible. Anyway seems like "I'm holding it wrong" but if Oculus can make magic like 1.39 close tracking, maybe they can address this? 

cmundy79
Explorer
I also get loss of tracking on fast movements with the CV1. Opened a support ticket and Oculus confirmed it's broken with the update. No ETA , was just told their working on it and it join the public test channel and await an update when available.

Richooal
Consultant
@ Oculus forum bosses.

Please reinstate the "sticky" feature on this thread. Lots of your valued users find the public release note thread to be important. We are not all in the PTC.
This thread should remain as a "sticky" until the next public release of 1.40
Thank you.
i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.