Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift 1.39 Release Rolling Out Now

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Dash

• From the Dash Settings panel, you can now set your Passthrough+ session length to “unlimited,” which will allow you to see your real-world environment while using Dash.
  • Guardian setup will now attempt to automatically detect the floor height for you. You can still manually adjust the height if needed.
  • When using the virtual desktop feature in Dash, the virtual keyboard will now automatically open when you select a text field.

Oculus Home

• Your Home UI now includes a history of the Homes you’ve visited in the Places UI section. Homes you’ve visited in the last 30 days can be visited again with a quick button press. You can clear out your history or opt out entirely in the Settings UI.
  • Never miss a Home reward pack again! Updated notifications now let you know when you have a reward ready to open. Also, notifications in Home have been redesigned to make things easier to read and understand.
  • Now you can use Home gateways to load directly into your favorite app. In addition to setting up destination gateways to your own home and your friends' homes, you can now set up an app as a destination and use it as a simple and quick way to get into your favorite experiences.
  • Home now features a camera, accessible straight from the Home Menu. Look on the bottom for the camera icon, and open the camera to capture your favorite moments in your Homes or Homes you're visiting. Take selfies, or screenshots, and find these images in your Documents/OculusHome/Camera folder.

Touch Controllers

We’ve made performance improvements to better track your Touch controller movements in VR. These updates, which are also applicable for Oculus Quest, include:
  • Improved tracking when controllers are close to the headset, and at angles turned away from the headset.
  • Improved tracking in difficult poses such as under-hand throwing motion.
  • Reduced re-acquisition time when controller tracking is lost.
  • You can now use both of your Touch controllers at the same time when interacting with different elements like the keyboard, Oculus Store, and Library.

Fixes

• Fixed an issue where Dash could crash if you had non-ASCII characters in your username.

As always, if you encounter any issues with this software release, please be sure to report them using the Help Center > Provide Feedback option within the Oculus desktop software. If you have any feature requests or suggestions to make the Oculus software even better, please head over to our UserVoice page to share your feedback. Thanks for your continued help!
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!
125 REPLIES 125

nalex66
MVP
MVP

Richooal said:

@ Oculus forum bosses.

Please reinstate the "sticky" feature on this thread. Lots of your valued users find the public release note thread to be important. We are not all in the PTC.
This thread should remain as a "sticky" until the next public release of 1.40
Thank you.

Fair enough, I agree that the current mainstream release thread should remain pinned until the next release. Done. 

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

Richooal
Consultant

nalex66 said:

Richooal said:

@ Oculus forum bosses.

Please reinstate the "sticky" feature on this thread. Lots of your valued users find the public release note thread to be important. We are not all in the PTC.
This thread should remain as a "sticky" until the next public release of 1.40
Thank you.

Fair enough, I agree that the current mainstream release thread should remain pinned until the next release. Done. 

Thank you @nalex66 for the quick response and fix.
i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

ShowbizDonkey
Retired Support
One thing I am trying to avoid is having a huge wall of pinned posts on the front page. Right now, non-pinned posts on the front page are barely above the fold on my monitor as we have 7 pinned posts. As a compromise, would you be okay with having the latest stable release notes pinned just within the Rift S / Rift category and then either the latest PTC or stable (whichever is newer) pinned on the front page? I'd like to utilize the category pages more if possible.

Also want to call out that we have a static support article with the latest stable build release notes here if the goal is just to have a quick point to reference the notes.

nalex66
MVP
MVP

...As a compromise, would you be okay with having the latest stable release notes pinned just within the Rift S / Rift category and then either the latest PTC or stable (whichever is newer) pinned on the front page?

That sounds reasonable.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
Why not close these old update threads?  Just asking.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Digikid1
Consultant
Have to agree there.  They have no use after the version is out.