Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift 1.40 Release Rolling Out Now

OculusSupport
Oculus Community Manager
Oculus Community Manager
Dash
  • We've added a new button to the Dash belt to select and view individual Virtual Desktop panels.
  • We've improved stability and performance of Virtual Desktop. Please make sure your version of Windows 10 is up to date to take advantage of these improvements.

Guardian

We’ve made performance improvements and feature updates to improve your experience while interacting with Guardian. These updates include:

• Ability to clear your Guardian boundary history from your Guardian settings menu.
  • Opportunity to confirm your Guardian boundaries are accurate when you first put on your headset.
  • Removed the need to indicate what direction is forward when setting up Guardian.

Store
  • Updated the design and improved performance and load times for the Oculus Store.

Home
  • You can now collect all of your Oculus Home rewards at once with the new Collect All button. (Note: this feature is rolling out slowly to everyone within 1.40. Thanks for your patience!)

Fixes
  • Fixed an issue where Touch controllers could lose tracking during fast movements with Rift.
  • Removed warning that USB drivers needed to be updated when drivers were already up to date. 
---

As always, if you encounter any issues with this software release, please be sure to report them using the Help Center > Provide Feedback option within the Oculus desktop software. If you have any feature requests or suggestions to make the Oculus software even better, please head over to our UserVoice page to share your feedback. Thanks for your continued help!
47 REPLIES 47

JeyJey80
Level 2
Right I got the update yesterday (Czech Republic), but personaly I dont like new guardian without center mark and arrow facing forward. It was only one click more 🙂

Twisted_Midnigh
Level 4
I have been using this update now for a couple of days and i can't believe how awesome it has made my VR expirence on my Rift S i am expirencing no tracking lag with batteries full or half charge everything feels way smoother and i like the new store. So great job guys thanks for all the hardwork.

nalex66
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Yeah, the new store is an improvement—no more slow loading of a different environment, just a nice snappy menu switch. With the old one, I actively avoided opening the store in VR. 

i7 5820K @ 4.25GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32GB | Corsair HX 750W
SSDs: Intel 660p M.2 2TB, 3x Samsung Evo 1TB | Startech PCIe 4x USB 3.0 | Startech PCIe 2x USB C 3.1 gen2

Nij
Level 5

I have been using this update now for a couple of days and i can't believe how awesome it has made my VR expirence on my Rift S i am expirencing no tracking lag with batteries full or half charge everything feels way smoother and i like the new store. So great job guys thanks for all the hardwork.

nalex66 said:

Yeah, the new store is an improvement—no more slow loading of a different environment, just a nice snappy menu switch. With the old one, I actively avoided opening the store in VR. 

Yeah totally agree, the tracking seems so much better, especially playing zero caliber, and it's nice to see some people happy with the update, instead of people having issues

Can you guys remember if you had an update on your touch controlers as I was changing the batteries during the install and it seemed to just stop and reload oculus, so was wondering if I messed up the install
Headsets: DK1 Kickstarter edition, DK2, Rift CV!, Oculus Go, Rift S, HP Reverb G2 System: i7-8086K, Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Ultra Gaming, 16GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3200MHz, 11GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1080 Ti, 1TB SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2, Windows 10 Professional 64 Bit

nalex66
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
I didn’t see any indication of a Touch update (but I’m using a CV1, so it’s possible there might have been one only for Touch 2.0). 

i7 5820K @ 4.25GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32GB | Corsair HX 750W
SSDs: Intel 660p M.2 2TB, 3x Samsung Evo 1TB | Startech PCIe 4x USB 3.0 | Startech PCIe 2x USB C 3.1 gen2

Nij
Level 5

nalex66 said:

I didn’t see any indication of a Touch update (but I’m using a CV1, so it’s possible there might have been one only for Touch 2.0). 

cheers dude
Headsets: DK1 Kickstarter edition, DK2, Rift CV!, Oculus Go, Rift S, HP Reverb G2 System: i7-8086K, Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Ultra Gaming, 16GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3200MHz, 11GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1080 Ti, 1TB SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2, Windows 10 Professional 64 Bit

Dassa73
Level 3
No word on trigger release lag?

Digikid1
Level 12
Am I the only one that would like the old store environment as a separate template for another home?  I think it would be awesome and wouldn’t be a waste. 

Cpt_420
Level 2
after this patch i had 3 right hand controllers usb yellow again and  warning saying no headset connected so i boxed it up and sent it back for a  refund after spending £1200  on a rig  yeah yeah i clean installed too

TomCgcmfc
Level 16

Digikid1 said:

Am I the only one that would like the old store environment as a separate template for another home?  I think it would be awesome and wouldn’t be a waste. 

Ya, that is about the only environment I would want to use as well.  Otherwise, I'll just continue using the Big White Cube custom environment (see link below).  You would think that it would be pretty easy to offer the old store environment.

https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/comment/661824#Comment_661824

9 9900k, rtx3090, 32 Gb ram, 1tb ssd, 4tb hdd. xi hero wifi mb, 750w psu, Quest 2 w/Air Link, Vive Pro.