cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift - Can't reach oculus service

4zz4zz1n
Honored Guest

Powered up the VR box after 6 months offline moving house and all that.

First boot the headset went white.. then the App said "Checking the status of your oculus app..."

hangs for a while, then..

Oculus App Status

Can't Reach Oculus Service

Try restarting etc...

Last time I booted this PC it was fine, and has been for years. Tried uninstall/reinstall/repaid/2018 patch .. all that.. no luck.

Tried a few of the "14 ways to fix this issue" type of thing.. might need support to look at my logs? I saw people with AMD issues.. Windows seems healthy.. Windows10 64 Pro with GeForce 1080...

Thx.

LD

2 REPLIES 2

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there,

We were disappointed to hear that the troubleshooting steps were unsuccessful for you.

Not to worry, however. We would like to continue working with you to get this resolved.

Please use this handy link to reach one of our dedicated support agents directly.

All the best!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

4zz4zz1n
Honored Guest

Just let people know that this was resolved by upgrading windows 10 to 20H2 and installng latest nvidia drivers (v ~563 or so)

At some point assuming the app was upgraded and my windows version was no longer supported.

Thanks to Meta support for getting back to me for individual support.

aZ

Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?