cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift Release 1.31 Rolling Out Now (Live)

cybereality
Grand Champion
Today at Oculus Connect, we shared some exciting updates about the future of Rift. Core 2.0 is out of beta — and now known as the new Rift Platform. Soon, everyone will be using Home and Dash. We've put a ton of work into improving performance and look and feel, and can't wait to hear what you think. Release notes for 1.31 can be found below — and be sure to visit the Rift blog for more info.
  • Dash
    • We're launching Experiments, a proving ground for experimental features aren't ready for official release. You can toggle individual experiments via the Settings tab within Dash. Some of the first experimental features available for testing:
      • Oculus Desktop Window Pullout
      • Wristwatch
      • Window Controls
    • Various design improvements to increase usability.
    • Various performance improvements and fixes, including an issue with Library sorting
  • Home:
    • New themed item collections: Spooky, Pirate, and Retro-Modern.
    • Customer Developer Items
      • Developers can now give out special Home objects and decor as gameplay rewards and achievements (live with initial partners, opening to all developers soon).
    • User generated content
      • Home now supports the playback of skinned animations for user generated content
      • Fixed an issue where user generated content would sometimes not show up in Home
    • We've revamped the UI to improve usability.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
780 REPLIES 780

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can the rest of us in waiting for it Disable the update by any possible way?

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

song0683 said:

I don't wanna use this new version!!!!! I had a frustrating never ending problem with the core 2.0 beta (orange light & black screen issue) With the previous version, I was able to at least use the classic home. I cannot even start my oculus now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

Unfortunately I don't think anyone can do much in here, apart from just watching you drown while giving you our sympathies - I'd suggest contacting Oculus support:

https://tickets.oculusvr.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

Netheri
Rising Star

RuneSR2 said:

Netheri said:

@RuneSR2 We've been told many times, that the developers don't read these forums, even the support forums, which is totally weird. These forums are Oculus's official forums but still. We are always told to send either a ticket, or send feedback through desktop app. For me personally it seems that devs can't handle no kind of public discussion about the software or hardware issues, all feedback or problem solving must be done in secret.

Couldn't agree more - the Oculus captain sails the ship and cannot be bothered by passengers' complaints. Then the passengers can talk to themselves if that make the passengers feel better, but it won't have the slightest effect on where and how the ship is sailing. Maybe that's not entirely true - I do think Cybereality is here to help both ways. And I just sent in a ticket asking how to avoid getting Home 2.0. Can't wait for the response.... 

Note that I'm not against Oculus, actually I think the Oculus Rift is one of mankind's best inventions, all these posts are simply to provide Oculus with some user perspectives, which they may not be aware of when making choices affecting all users. 

Home 2.0 kinda feels like "now our devs have spend so much time and money making Home 2.0, and if you don't want to eat what's on your plate, we'll force it down your throat". 

I like this approach much better, especially when it's about my Home  o:)

4pl6a8gq1wlt.jpg

And even if Oculus developers may think they're like the dude below - that's just not gonna happen with Home 2.0, sadly - at least not with our current hardware  :s  

krqjln38owdd.jpg

Yep. I think that if Core 2.0 is Titanic, Dash belt is Titanics captain, Home 2 is the Iceberg. 
i9-9900K@ 5GHz, ASUS Rog Strix 2080 Super OC , 32gb 3466MHz DDR4, ROG Strix Z390 E Gaming, 1 x Inateck 4 port USB 3.0 card, 2x3.1, USB, 6x3.0 USB on mobo, 1x USB-C on G-card, Reverb G2

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

MAC_MAN86 said:

Can the rest of us in waiting for it Disable the update by any possible way?

Deactivate your internet connection - if possible. I did that yesterday (no joke) - on my VR rig (using my office PC right now). It's off-line VR backlog time, at least until I know where the 1.31 storm/tornado is heading...  😉 I just don't want the 1.31 tornado to do this to my beloved Home  :'(

https://youtu.be/5Ewk03KFiYI

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

BBernes
Protege
Would be great if anyone knew the update server addres so we could block it in the host file.

Netheri
Rising Star
Watching support forum it seems, that 1.31 update haven't gone quit good for a bunch of ppl. I'm certain the ticketmasters are eagerly waiting if my system also gets borked after i get the update...
i9-9900K@ 5GHz, ASUS Rog Strix 2080 Super OC , 32gb 3466MHz DDR4, ROG Strix Z390 E Gaming, 1 x Inateck 4 port USB 3.0 card, 2x3.1, USB, 6x3.0 USB on mobo, 1x USB-C on G-card, Reverb G2

cybereality
Grand Champion
Thanks for your feedback. We do have staff that reads the forum, though usually I'm the one that interacts with the community. I do understand the desire for a low-cost runtime, and that feedback has been shared with the team. If you are running into any issue, performance or otherwise, it would be good to submit a bug report. You can do this in the Help Center (lower left of Oculus app) by clicking Provide Feedback. Thanks.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Netheri
Rising Star
@cybereality Would it be possible to post sticky on the support section which asks those who've got problems after 1.31 update to contact support? I mean there seems to be many with borked system after update.

Edit: And yes i know there's that "How to get log.." but i mean sticky regarding JUST 1.31 update, with direct link to ticket making. 

leonvanbokhorst
Honored Guest
Got 1.31 forced on my system... resulting in 'video driver issues'... home wouldn't start anymore. 
Got it back to 1.30... everything works fine... 
Now I got 1.31 forced back on my system again... 

Act like a professional company and rollback 1.30. At least give us the option to do so.

Netheri
Rising Star
Starting to feel that someone forgot to update the certificate again..  😄