cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(Rift S) Left joystick locks forward/right direction out of nowhere?

YippyModi
Honored Guest
This only just started happening recently. I can play any game just fine for 5-10 minutes, but then out of nowhere my movement will stick in a specific direction and I can't move any other direction when pressing the joystick myself. I can still navigate menus with it (if I can open them) when this happens and the right touch controller is fine, it's just the left joystick. Is this happening to anyone else? My firmware is fully updated and I've tried restarting Oculus software and unplugging the headset, no luck.
3 REPLIES 3

Neo_420
Protege
Hi i was having a similar issue while playing No mans sky in VR every so often my left controller locked up putting me in a spin or making me walk endless. And i found this was happening because i changed my oculus software from Retail to Public test channel because after the reatil updated a couple days ago i developed epic grip lag and changing to the PTC fixed that but seemed to cause my controller in NMS to lock. But since i have gone back to the retail update NMS is fine now no controller lock but grip lag returned in other games. I hope that helps in some way.

YippyModi
Honored Guest

Hi i was having a similar issue while playing No mans sky in VR every so often my left controller locked up putting me in a spin or making me walk endless. And i found this was happening because i changed my oculus software from Retail to Public test channel because after the reatil updated a couple days ago i developed epic grip lag and changing to the PTC fixed that but seemed to cause my controller in NMS to lock. But since i have gone back to the retail update NMS is fine now no controller lock but grip lag returned in other games. I hope that helps in some way.

Thanks, that does help! 🙂

Netheri
Rising Star
I'm getting this on OG Rifts right touch. "Nice" that it's happening in The Thrill Of The Fight. Started after i had to change the battery. In the game it was start stop tracking with the "glove" and when i returned to the Home, i was stuck walking forward and left. 

EDIT: Also, @YippyModi and @Twisted_Midnight420, please report this through desktop apps feedback and support link if you haven't already, that way the devs get it on their attention!

EDIT2: My right Touch was totally broken, so there's that. Fortunately, i'm getting a replacement.
i9-9900K@ 5GHz, ASUS Rog Strix 2080 Super OC , 32gb 3466MHz DDR4, ROG Strix Z390 E Gaming, 1 x Inateck 4 port USB 3.0 card, 2x3.1, USB, 6x3.0 USB on mobo, 1x USB-C on G-card, Reverb G2