cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift S / Rift 1.42 Release Rolling Out Now

ShowbizDonkey
Retired Support
Dash

• We have added a new search feature within the Dash Store tab. This will allow you to more quickly find the games and apps you’re looking for.

Home

• When you drop into Home for the first time, you’ll now see a new brief overview of the features and potential of Oculus Home.
  • We added a new toggle for automatically launching Home. Switching this setting off will stop Home from auto-launching in scenarios like jumping into VR and exiting out of apps. You can find this option within the Settings > General menu inside Oculus desktop app.
  • We have added a new agreement to the UGC upload process. Before a new UGC item can be uploaded for use, you are required to attest that you own this content and that it does not violate any trademarks.

If you encounter any issues with this software release, please be sure to report them using the Help Center > Provide Feedback option within the Oculus desktop software. If you have any feature requests or suggestions to make the Oculus software even better, please head over to our UserVoice page to share your feedback. Thanks for your continued help!
72 REPLIES 72

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

Hi,

my software version is also now showing 1.41 after the last update. Before I was on 1.42.
I'm definitely NOT opted into the public test channel and never was.
Furthermore, in 1.42 I had disabled autostart of Home. Now I'm not able to start it in any way.
It doesn't autostart. Pressing the button on the left controller doesn't do anything. Also clicking the Home-Button on the Dashboard doesn't work. The Dash just vanishes and nothing more happens.
I can't start Home anymore.

So, if you enable home autostart in your desktop app/general, around the bottom of this, what happens?
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

x_Chatsubo_x
Explorer

TomCgcmfc said:

Hi,

my software version is also now showing 1.41 after the last update. Before I was on 1.42.
Furthermore, in 1.42 I had disabled autostart of Home. Now I'm not able to start it in any way.
It doesn't autostart. Pressing the button on the left controller doesn't do anything. Also clicking the Home-Button on the Dashboard doesn't work. The Dash just vanishes and nothing more happens.
I can't start Home anymore.

So, if you enable home autostart in your desktop app/general, around the bottom of this, what happens?

I can't do that . There isn't any option to enable/disable home autostart anymore. Which makes sense, because this option was introduced with 1.42 (as far as I remember). My version changed somehow back to 1.41 with latest update. And in this version there was no option for changing autostart. It seems that the update forgot somehow to set back my home autostart as it was in 1.41 😉

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
Maybe you should opt into beta?  Up to you.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

x_Chatsubo_x
Explorer
Could be an option, yes. Maybe I'll try. Will think about it.
Thanx to you

Richooal
Consultant

TomCgcmfc said:

Maybe you should opt into beta?  Up to you.

Agreed, no point staying with 1.41 when everyone's moving to 1.42 now.

Hi,

If what you're saying is true, then there's been a right royal stuff up somewhere.
i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

blanes
Rising Star
I was on 1.42 ( never on PTC ever ) and just now downloaded 1.41 then it asked me to update and I hit the Snooze 4 hours button instead.  Don't know if I can just keep doing that or not  !?

Fangzhou
Adventurer
Same here, I was on 1.42 before, and 2 hours ago Oculus Software auto downgrade to 1.41.0.295808, strange

guicore
Explorer
Yes downgrade to 1.41. At least the offline mode is working again. No "fatal error" dialog anymore.

huliqan
Adventurer
same too:(((((((((((((
What a hell ???  I don't want to roll back to 1.41 !!! Me on 1.42  not bad !!!
public test channel not activated
I froze this update,I stay at 1.42 !!!

christb
Explorer
same here rolled me back to 1.41