cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift S / Rift 1.42 Release Rolling Out Now

ShowbizDonkey
Retired Support
Dash

• We have added a new search feature within the Dash Store tab. This will allow you to more quickly find the games and apps you’re looking for.

Home

• When you drop into Home for the first time, you’ll now see a new brief overview of the features and potential of Oculus Home.
  • We added a new toggle for automatically launching Home. Switching this setting off will stop Home from auto-launching in scenarios like jumping into VR and exiting out of apps. You can find this option within the Settings > General menu inside Oculus desktop app.
  • We have added a new agreement to the UGC upload process. Before a new UGC item can be uploaded for use, you are required to attest that you own this content and that it does not violate any trademarks.

If you encounter any issues with this software release, please be sure to report them using the Help Center > Provide Feedback option within the Oculus desktop software. If you have any feature requests or suggestions to make the Oculus software even better, please head over to our UserVoice page to share your feedback. Thanks for your continued help!
72 REPLIES 72

Richooal
Consultant

Got Oculus-appversie 1.42.0.314906 (1.42.0.314906) last night. Since this version I get an error . OVRRedir.exe abort() had been called. A reinstallation of the software didn't help. Any idea what causes this problem?
3slqkgxk9wgo.jpg

This one was raised 8 days ago here .......................

https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/81608/debug-error#latest

There's still no response in that thread from Oculus.

i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
You probably need to contact Oculus support and start a ticket.  Good luck and I hope you get this sorted out ok.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

ShocksVR
Superstar
Redundant post
i7-7700k, Zotac RTX 3080 AMP Holo (10G), QuestPro, Quest 2
Previous: Oculus GO, Oculus RIFT - 3 sensor Room-scale, Oculus Rift S

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

I have submitted the request to the support, their reply is that the Anti-virus software is the issue. You need to place the file in whitelist or exception list. I am using Trend Micro and it was ok till then. Need to continue to monitor.

David

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
Just got 1.42.0.314906 (1.42.0.314906) seems to work perfectly and I like the new icons. Using CV1.
Fun thing, after the update Oculus Tray Tool wasn't active - I got ss 0.91, man that was blurry - but got back ss 2.0 after restarting Oculus Tray Tool. It really is like night and day - ss 2.0 is so incredibly much sharper!
Not sure I noticed other differences - but I did have to sign in right after the update, which was quite weird - normally I don't have to do that after an update. 

I miss the old Store 
:'(  - any way to get it back?

After spending much time in SteamVR Home, it's a joy coming back to Oculus Home, it's really a lot better, keep up the great work!

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

jitu-unggul
Honored Guest
Anyway to play offlline without the Fatal Dash Error?

ShowbizDonkey
Retired Support

Hey there - if you opt into the PTC, the 1.43 software update that is currently there should resolve that issue. Would recommend giving that a try.

Richooal
Consultant

Hey there - if you opt into the PTC, the 1.43 software update that is currently there should resolve that issue. Would recommend giving that a try.

I think it would be good to add your comment to the 1.43 PTC thread so that people know there may be a fix, and they can provide feed back.
i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

GeekyGami
Adventurer
I'm getting the Fatal Dash error even when online.

GeekyGami
Adventurer
Also, might I inquire about what XRStreaming is?
Is everything going through my sensors being sent somewhere? Is that why Dash has a fatal error if no online is found?

This wasn't under OVRServer before.