cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift S Screen turns black after 5 secs

Geekybroadland
Honored Guest

So recently purchased a Rift S which is in great condition from my cousin ... he even let me demo it round his hence the reason I bought it ..

Now my rig isn't amazing however I do believe it's passable

Nvidia Geforce 1050ti
Intel i5 2500k
Intel DQ67sw mobo
Usb hub 3.0 (recommended by a different post)

So everytime I go through the process of setting up I get to the 'continue with vr' I put the headset on hear the audio get about 5-10 seconds of display then it cuts out? I've been able to get it running for about 30seconds before doing the same.

I've done the following -
New install of Windows
New install of oculus (with safemode)
Upate and downgrade of GPU Drivers
Bios settings updated
Driver removal and reinstall
Cable check both ends
Different usb
Usb power

Beta mode
Literally everything...

I purchased a PCI Usb 3 hub which hasn't done much ... however the software does now say its lost connection with the display port?

Anything I've missed? I'm think9ng cable but could be my rig ... I can see the game playing fine on my monitor just not the headset 😔

2 REPLIES 2

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Howdy, @Geekybroadland! That is a mighty long list you have there, we would love to help you out with this! So that we can get to the bottom of what may be causing this issue, we would like to provide some troubleshooting steps to help.

Please try the following: 

1. Disconnect the Rift/Link cable from the computer.
2. Disconnect your computer from the internet.
3. Backup any necessary content.
* You can find steps on how to do so by [clicking here](https://store.facebook.com/help/quest/articles/headsets-and-accessories/oculus-rift-s/rift-backup-co...).
4. Reboot into Safe Mode.
5. Uninstall Oculus PC app using the Control Panel.
6. Delete all Oculus folders from the following folder:
* C:\Program Files
7. Remove any Oculus folders from the following locations:
* C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData
* C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData\Local
* C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData\LocalLow
* C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData\Roaming
* C:\OculusSetup-DownloadCache
8. Restart your computer in normal mode.
9. Reconnect your computer to the internet.
10. Install Oculus PC app again using the setup tool from our website [here](https://store.facebook.com/quest/setup/).
11. Reconnect the Rift/Link cable and re-test the headset.

• Are you using a desktop or a laptop?

Once you've tried the steps above, please get back to us so that we can continue helping you with this!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello again, @Geekybroadland! We are just checking in to see if you still need help on this. If you do, just reach back out to us at your earliest convenience!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!