cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift S USB connection not working

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've had the error "USB connection not working" ever since I first tried using the Rift S with this PC. I tried updating the USB drivers, still didn't work. I also tried using a powered USB hub, that didn't work. I then bought this t.ly/MgjJA. I tried using windows drivers on it and the official drivers on it. Still doesn't work. I ordered this t.ly/xZe6w, failed again. Any suggestions?
8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
PC specs?

Anonymous
Not applicable

dburne said:

PC specs?

It's up to spec for Rift S, but if you want specifics: i5 7500, GTX 1060 3GB, GA-H110-D3A (rev. 1.0) mobo

Anonymous
Not applicable
Open a support ticket. This issue is all over this forum and reddit but Oculus doesn't seem to think its that big of a deal based on their claim that there are few support tickets on it. I find that hard to believe but the more people that open tickets the more seriously they will hopefully treat this issue.

LazyLucho
Honored Guest
I have the same issue that really makes me crazy!! 450€ a headset that doesn't work....

Anonymous
Not applicable
It's a Firmware issue due to dicember update, still not fixed. I have the same problem, i can "bypass" it with a unplug-plug the usb cable, leaving the hdmi in. The Oculus software starts properly and recognize with a go the rift s, if don't, kill the oculusserver64 process and restart the software... You have to do this thing every time restart the pc.
still waiting for a solution by oculus, masking this firmware problem as a pc usb power issue.

glenn.misso
Honored Guest
I have the same issue. I told friends to buy the oculus quest and rift but after my issues with the usb problem that hasent been fixed I told them to never buy from Oculus! Get a Valve Index they take care of there users!!!

FelicityC
Adventurer

I have the same issue. I told friends to buy the oculus quest and rift but after my issues with the usb problem that hasent been fixed I told them to never buy from Oculus! Get a Valve Index they take care of there users!!!

Ships in 8 or more weeks.

get in line bud
8700k @ whatever i feel like, 2070 Super, 3200mhz 32gb memory @ CL16, 1tb wd sn750, msi z370 gaming plus, pvc pipe gun

Weekbcn
Honored Guest
I've the same issue. Sometimes work, sometimes doesn't... With my old CV1 i didn't have any of these problems.