cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift S - Vibration is weak in SteamVR

duy_mo
Explorer
Hi all,

Vibration is hardly noticeable when playing SteamVR games (specifically BeatSaber). It's fine when using Oculus Home or playing Robo Recall, but it seems to be an issue when playing Steam titles. Any else have this issue?
9 REPLIES 9

hyungmokjoh
Honored Guest
I have the same issue. Thank god I'm not the only one. Does anyone know how to fix this? changing USB slots did not work.

Sandcracka
Adventurer
I'm glad it doesn't vibrate as much.  Saves batteries.  But I'm sure they're aware of it and will have it sorted soon.

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

I'm glad it doesn't vibrate as much.  Saves batteries.  But I'm sure they're aware of it and will have it sorted soon.

According to Reddit users, weaker vibrations are normal for the new controllers, like you've experienced (check Oculus Reddit) - some believe it's a design decision, maybe to save batteries. 

Is the vibration weak only in SteamVR, but normal in Beat Saber (Oculus Home/Store) - I've got the impression that vibrations are low no matter what you play. 

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

stim21
Explorer
I too hope they fix the vibration soon! I played Beat Saber last night in Steam VR and it's sooo much worse with little to no vibration. Completely ruins the game.

ShocksVR
Superstar
Be sure to report it on STEAM Discussions. Oculus has no power over what STEAM does.
i7-7700k, Zotac RTX 3080 AMP Holo (10G), QuestPro, Quest 2
Previous: Oculus GO, Oculus RIFT - 3 sensor Room-scale, Oculus Rift S

Virtuwil
Honored Guest
How do u set up steam vr im struggling i just got the Rift S and all my games are on steam

StevePDX
Explorer
I compared several FPS games on Oculus Home (Space Junkies, Gunheart, etc) and the new touch controllers for Rift S have a lot less haptic feedback (controller rumble) than the old touch controls.

Hopefully this can be fixed with a software update since I find the reduced haptic feedback on the Rift S controls takes away from immersion.

Scottimus75
Honored Guest

stim21 said:

I too hope they fix the vibration soon! I played Beat Saber last night in Steam VR and it's sooo much worse with little to no vibration. Completely ruins the game.

Yes! Exactly this! I need the rumble back! I cant find any settings anywhere to increase it. It's basically non existent. And is it only the steam version of beat saber? has anyone tried the oculus version to see if there's a difference?

stim21
Explorer
*** opt into the Steam VR beta. They've fixed the Rift S touch vibration and honestly, it's better than Rift's! 🙂
Go to your library, in your games filter select tools, scroll down and right click on Steam VR > select properties > beta > opt in.