Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift S and Rift 1.38 PTC Release Notes

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager
Oculus Home:

• You can now rename your Homes! In the details page for any of your own Homes, there is now an edit icon next to the Home name that will bring up a VR keyboard. Express yourself with a brand new Home name that will be reflected in recommendations, gateways, and friends' Places lists.
  • We've made it easier to manage items. You can now easily relocate items directly from the inventory menu to move or reposition them. We've also reduced download sizes for faster item delivery.
  • We've polished up the presentation of Homes in our menus to be much faster and more intuitive.

Rift S:

• Updated audio driver to improve Rift S audio quality.
  • Updated firmware to reduce occurrence of display issues.

If you're using
Oculus Rift S and experiencing black screen and/or cable enumeration issues,
please try opting into the latest PTC (
https://support.oculus.com/200468603765391/)
build of the Oculus software. We've included updates that should help.

As always, if you encounter any issues with this software release, please be sure to report them using the Help Center > Provide Feedback option within the Oculus desktop software. If you have any feature requests or suggestions to make the Oculus software even better, please head over to our UserVoice page to share your feedback. Thanks for your continued help!
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!
315 REPLIES 315

rickyleung90
Explorer
I just updated everything with Public Test Channel, and now literally everything is broken. Boot up any game and I get black screen within a few seconds. By mashing buttons sometimes the screen comes back for a few seconds and then go black again.
At this point I think I am done trying to fix it. Gonna come back in a few days and see if there are updates.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Getting update now. I have no issues except sound is so ridiculous low, its hard to get into a game. I hate having to do separate headphones. I'm so hoping this does something for me with the sound volume...  Anyone seeing that it helps the quality and volume?  GRRRRR I'm so angry they did this. Why not just keep headphones, and the physical IPD. 

DeliriumBlades
Protege
well,i updated to the PTS version...still getting static flashes...it actually seems to happen more frequent then before joining the PTS.. got 3 static flashes in BigScreen over the course of a 5 minute session....i had hopes and they got smashed

Anonymous
Not applicable

Doctori said:

Getting update now. I have no issues except sound is so ridiculous low, its hard to get into a game. I hate having to do separate headphones. I'm so hoping this does something for me with the sound volume...  Anyone seeing that it helps the quality and volume?  GRRRRR I'm so angry they did this. Why not just keep headphones, and the physical IPD. 

Don't know if you have ever tried earbuds, but I love them and mine are working great with the Rift S - way better sound and bass.

Sandcracka
Adventurer
After updating to 1.38 I am getting some stuttering when moving my head around.  Going back to 1.37 for the moment.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Should have tried a Beta>RESTART OCULUS to check it properly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

dburne said:

Doctori said:

Don't know if you have ever tried earbuds, but I love them and mine are working great with the Rift S - way better sound and bass.

You know I do have a nice blue tooth device, its ear buds, but also sits behind neck with band. Ear buds normally pop out on me, think ears are weird shaped. Hey, can I bypass rift sound completely and do something like this ?  Anyway, just finally got update. I will reply for sure, let folks now how it effected sound to me...

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey guys, so audio seriously sounds the exact same to me, Exact. I'm not a huge audio buff type person, but I can honestly say to me the volume is the same. Like the fireplace in the home place, you have to be next to it to hear the crackling. It's funny if I put my hands and cup them near my ears, it sounds so much better and louder, I guess the echo type factor...  I have to look into a separate headset. I hated my Vive early on, as the wires and a separate headset killed it for me, until the audio strap came out. Then, of course, I got the rift which had the nice headphones. I'm constantly taking the headset on and off, on and off, I'm weird like that, but having to take headphones off and another wired component is going to really kill this for me I think.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry for my negativity, I love my rift s, really do. I'm sure a really nice sounding strap on headset or something will be out soon. The new drivers worked perfectly though for me. I did space junkies tutorial again to get a feel and everything was damn crystal clear, tracking perfect. Even the slingshot seemed to work great too, with my right hand close to the helmet for sure!

Anonymous
Not applicable

MAC_MAN86 said:

Should have tried a Beta>RESTART OCULUS to check it properly.

Yea, definately. I always do a reboot after updating any type of drivers. No one ever gets that right and you don't normally see the real effect until a reboot to be safe.